Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub - Ring app live view notification not closing since firmware update

(Topic created on: 30-09-2023 06:51 PM)
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

As the title suggests, my Family Hub fridge has been updated recently (in September 2023) and since the update, apart from Live View not working for all Ring cameras from the main screen … when a camera is triggered by a doorbell press, the large, Live view pop up window displays on the screen but doesn’t auto close ever.  You have to go to the fridge and close it manually.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I pass this on to the engineers/developers?

35 REPLIES 35
AM761
First Poster
Options

London, UK.  Same issue since 2023 update - Doorbell window won’t time out after doorbell pressed and outside can hear everything going on inside.  I spoke with Samsung after update and they said it was Ring’s problem.  Samsung said no-one else had complained, which appears to be a blatant lie given what’s on this forum.  Samsung have lost the plot - combined with forced recipe screen  its killed the usefulness of the family hub for me.  Someone in the US should coordinate a group proceeding under US Consumer Law.  

0 Likes
IMHO_1234
Journeyman
Options

I'm in touch with their support who has acknowledged the issue and they are working on fixing it, their email - support@smartthings.co.uk,

Yesterday chased them again for an ETA, below is the update I received :

Thanks for getting back to me,

Privacy concerns are one of the reasons we strongly recommend removing the Ring integration from the fridge along with issues like battery wear. At this time we don't have an estimated time of arrival for the update as of yet. Apologies, I can't offer one right now. We will keep your ticket on hold so we can update you as soon as we have any information on it.

Thanks for your patience and have a great day!

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Not sure if anyone has seen, but there's an update to the Tizen software in the last few days.

I got really excited, thinking they had fixed the issue, but after signing back in to Ring, and waiting someone pressing the doorbell - the camera view pops up ... but never disappears.   So that hasn't been fixed in this latest release.

0 Likes
Kram777
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the update

0 Likes
Paulday888
First Poster
Options

I”m  late to the party, but to summarise the 2 issues are the camera feeds no longer show a snapshot and the live doorbell notification hangs and does not terminate as it did before. I will keep an eye on this thread for any resolution, although judging by the general state of the fridge operating system I don’t think it’s high on samsungs priority list!

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

Ridiculous that they know about the problem, and have done NOTHING to fix the problem.

0 Likes