Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub - Ring app live view notification not closing since firmware update

(Topic created on: 30-09-2023 06:51 PM)
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

As the title suggests, my Family Hub fridge has been updated recently (in September 2023) and since the update, apart from Live View not working for all Ring cameras from the main screen … when a camera is triggered by a doorbell press, the large, Live view pop up window displays on the screen but doesn’t auto close ever.  You have to go to the fridge and close it manually.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I pass this on to the engineers/developers?

35 REPLIES 35
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

YES! What model fridge is yours, and where are you located?

We are having the SAME problem on our Samsung Family Hub Fridge in Canada (Model RF22M9581SR), and on ourSamsung Family Hub Fridge in Mexico (Model RF27T5501B1), and it's really troublesome! 

Normally, when someone presses the doorbell, it opens the app on our Samsung Family Hub Fridge so you can see the person, and even speak to them, and then you could hang up, or if unanswered, the app would timeout and close itself.

The problem only recently started (since the September 2023 update), and it creates a problem for me... instead of the app on the fridge closing automatically after a period of time, it now stays open and requires me to close the app, which is a huge pain in the *ss for me, for many reasons... it kills battery on doorbell because its constantly streaming video, and it also keeps the screen on the fridge 'awake' when nobody is home.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried signing out of the app on the fridge and signing in again, but it still does the same thing, and I can't seem to delete/reinstall the app on the fridge.

Not sure what to do.

Sparkley
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same problem, I just came on to ask and see if anyone else is having the same problem. Its extremely annoying - means my fridge display is not timing out like it usually would. Also i read on the ring community someone else who is affected said they have a battery operated ring so their battery is being drained but more worryingly apparently when the ring doorbell is pressed the person can hear everything near/being said in your kitchen (i am going to check this tomorrow). However, I would just really appreciate it being fixed asap!
Sparkley
Journeyman
Options
I have contacted samsung via chat i suggest you and anyone else affected does the same so that they realise it is affecting a number of customers and will hopefully escalate it. They have said they will get back to me tomorrow. So fingers crossed.
0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

🤣🤣🤣

Sadly, I spent TWO HOURS in “Chat” and talked to three different people, because none of them knew what they were doing or how to handle the situation, and then a ‘supervisor’ came into the chat, and told me I needed a professional support person to come to my home to see for themselves what was happening and repair the fridge!?!!!!!! Literally a waste of time!!!! I even provided them countless screenshots of many many people who were experiencing the same problem, but it was all a futile effort! 

I even took the situation to Reddit, and discovered even more people with the same problem, and someone had the audacity to say “you need to email Samsung’s developers" …ummm, ok, because I just so happen to have the list of email addresses for their team of developers… NOT!!!!

Its so frustrating that Samsung has outsourced their tech support to a poorly trained, unskilled, and nontechnical call centre that has no idea what they are doing or how to handle genuine customer inquiries, concerns, complaints, or need for real support. 

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

Sparkley, if you DO get a response from your chat, and their promise to get “back to you tomorrow” please let us know, but I’m very doubtful you will hear from anyone… they only used that comment to appease you and get you off the chat, so they can go back to watching their TikTok, Snapchat, or Instagram. 🤣

Sparkley
Journeyman
Options
I wish i could say you're wrong lol but I will live with hope and keep on bugging them until they do find a solution but if they wish to visit my home to fix it then they can do.
Sparkley
Journeyman
Options
Email the developers 🤣 why didn't we think of that..
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

Regrettably, there is NOTHING they can do by visiting anyone's home, it's just a distraction and inconvenience, nothing will be resolved, it's a software issue with the recent Family Hub update. But, of course, they will try to blame your Ring doorbell, as another distraction.

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

Right!???!???

0 Likes