Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco drum clean function

(Topic created on: 13-12-2023 10:26 PM)
Rolyt
First Poster
Options

I ran the Eco drum clean function and water was left in the drum. I emptied the water and then tried to use a wash cycle. The cycle started but stopped within a minute and I have been unable to restart the cycle. Any ideas?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Rolyt 

Are you still having this issue, or did you manage to find a fix?

0 Likes
Rolyt
First Poster
Options

Yes, still having an issue. Spoke to technical support today and told the usual, check there’s still electricity , plug damaged, change the fuse, switch off for an hour. None of which worked. Will go online tomorrow to arrange an engineer.

Thanks for asking
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

hi - when you emptied the drum of water did you do it by opening the door of the machine and emptied out the water that way or did you empty it using the emergency drain hose behind the pump filter door? 

It sounds like something is getting maybe confused in the electronics or there is a fault with the water level switch maybe. 

Did they suggest doing a machine callibration (no garments in machine) go into settings menu and select 'callibrate' and let it go through that to the end . 

0 Likes
Rolyt
First Poster
Options

Hi, I emptied the water from the drum using a jug to remove the majority and then the machine drain for the final dregs. The control panel came back on briefly and as soon as I tried to start a new cycle all the lights went off. How do you access the settings as I don’t have the app?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Rolyt wrote:

Hi, I emptied the water from the drum using a jug to remove the majority and then the machine drain for the final dregs. The control panel came back on briefly and as soon as I tried to start a new cycle all the lights went off. How do you access the settings as I don’t have the app?

You dont need the app, you can select 'callibrate' on the machine itself . What model number is your Samsung washing machine? 

I wonder if you have a doorlock fault? - when you press start to start a new cycle the doorlock should click / lock.

0 Likes
Rolyt
First Poster
Options

Hi, really appreciate your help. Model is WW80K5410UW/EU eco bubble 8kg

Display screen is black intermittently comes on but not very often when it does it goes off after a second

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Rolyt wrote:

Hi, really appreciate your help. Model is WW80K5410UW/EU eco bubble 8kg

Display screen is black intermittently comes on but not very often when it does it goes off after a second

Ah right , if the display only comes on every now and again you might not be able to perform the calibration - but here is instructions from the manual to tell you how to put the washing machine in calibrate mode:

andy_in_ireland_0-1702829621462.png

Also you could try the diagnostics check if you can get the display to stay on long enough:

andy_in_ireland_1-1702829828138.png

0 Likes
Rolyt
First Poster
Options

Thanks again, can’t even get the display to come on now. I’ll try the smart check

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

ah right maybe a power issue problem then from the main circuit board inside the machine then. Hope you get it sorted.

0 Likes