Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Autodose, clothes stink

(Topic created on: 17-02-2024 07:03 PM)
chesterflaps
Apprentice
Options
I have had the Samsung Series 6 WW90T684DLN/S1 for 12 months and I have had issues ever since I bought it

The autodose function is not fit for the UK

For the last 12 months, my clothes have smelt nice after washing, maybe 5 times and the other 100+ times they stink

I have spent over £500 on plumbers coming to check my drainage

I have spent money on chaging the pipework under my sink

I have regularly cleaned all filters and drawers

I have tried almost every washing liquid on the market yet the only way I can get clean smelling clothes is to turn off autodose and put liquid in a cup in the drum

Autodose is one of the reasons I chose this machine

Had I known it was not fit for the UK market, i would have bought the same model without autodose

Samsung are of no help as they want to charge me for someone to come look at it and tell me what I already know and have already spent over £500 investigating.

Does anyone have any advice?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

If this has been the case from day one, and you've been reporting it to Samsung since the beginning then Samsung should have acted sooner.

Are you inside your warranty period at all? I'm assuming you bought direct from Samsung? If you bought elsewhere, you need to go back to where you bought it as your contract is with the retailer.

I would also ask, how did you pay? If you paid in your credit card, and you are based in the UK, I would raise a Section 75 Claim against your card issuer.
0 Likes
krr13
Explorer
Options
Same issue for me. The real problem is that the softener is just too concentrated and gets blocked. I've tried really cheap thinner ones but they still get blocked. Every single cycle now I put a rinse hold and then add the softener myself. Really annoying.
0 Likes
chesterflaps
Apprentice
Options

***UPDATE***

Samsung sent a company out to look at the issue. Turns out I have been a bit of a fool. We tend to use the super speed setting but we have been overfilling the drum, not realising that it is only 9KG when on 3 programmes. This means there is not enough detergent being used for the volume of clothes we have been putting in. They are going to replace the whole auto dispense assembly as they can be intermittent apparently. Since putting less in the machine, clothes have been smelling better. It does still seem to not like to wash a lot of hoodies or a lot of thick waistband items at the same time, like joggers.