Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drumclean reminder

(Topic created on: 23-12-2022 07:19 PM)
Vernie123
First Poster
Options

My Samsung washing machine has a drum clean message which pops up and prevents me from doing my washing. Is there any way to override this? I did a drum clean last week and have since done 2 loads of laundry and the message is popping up again? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Vernie123 

Could we take the full model code of your Washing Machine please? You can find this on a label on the inside of the door.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Vernie123 wrote:

My Samsung washing machine has a drum clean message which pops up and prevents me from doing my washing. Is there any way to override this? I did a drum clean last week and have since done 2 loads of laundry and the message is popping up again? 

Hello there - a little confusing that you say it prevents you from doing your washing... but you have "since done 2 loads of laundry"

If your machine has this fascia control panel on it:

andy_in_ireland_0-1672695943245.png

From the Instruction manual it says after the 7th the drum cleaning message should no longer pop up any more: 

Drum Clean+ reminder
Depending on the model, the Drum Clean+ reminder is either an icon or an LED.
For icons, the icon lights up on the control panel.
For LEDs, the LED lights up next to Drum Clean+, or on the option area of the control panel.
• The Drum Clean+ reminder blinks on the control panel once every 40 washes. It is advisable to perform
Drum Clean+ regularly.
• When you first see this reminder blinking, you can ignore the reminder for 6 consecutive washes. From
the 7th wash, the reminder no longer appears. However, it appears again on the second 40th wash.
• Even after the last process is terminated, the "0" message may remain.
• You can record the running count of the Drum Clean+ cycle by tapping . This does not stop or turn off
the machine but marks your cycle count.
• Even if "0" does not disappear, the machine operates normally.
• It is recommended to run the cycle regularly for hygienic purposes.

0 Likes