Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot register warranty

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 07:45 PM)
P1974
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I recently purchased a Samsung oven (NV75N5641RS). I have spent more time trying to register the product for warranty than I spent selecting and purchasing the item. The online customer experience did not align with the brand image of a multinational firm with annual sales in the billions of dollars.

The product packaging did not include a link to a webpage to register the product. The online video call to Samsung support to register the product broke down. Eventually, I managed to create a Samsung Members account on my mobile device. This brought me into a loop between pages to register a Samsung account, download Samsung mobile app (not in iStore??). At no time was I able to register my new oven from my phone.

I tried to google the relevant page from my laptop. After a few attempts, I happened across the Samsung account login in page. When logged in I believe I registered the oven. When I click on “My Products”, there was nothing listed. When in “My Account” I tried to select the ‘register product’ tab. This brought me to the shop.

I have purchased more than 20 appliances in the last 24 months to fit out new apartments. I have bought appliances from LG (washing machine), Miele (dryer, hoovers), Zanussi (washing machines, dryers), Whirlpool (dishwasher), and IKEA (cookers, hobs, fridge freezers). This was singularly the worst post-purchase customer experience of any of those major brands. This is a big gap in Samsung’s image that will cause me to purchase from other brands in the future.

Did I manage to register the product?

Regard

Paul Delaney

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DannyT
Options

With your oven, you actually qualify for the 5 year warranty. (An extra three years). You can register here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/fiveyearwarranty/ 

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22
terrylived
Student
Options
got same issue, contacted support online chat and were USELESS
terrylived
Student
Options
also stuck in loop when click register product.
been member for years and have other products registered.
it is so difficult to register warranty, seriously wont be spending hundreds anymore if this is afterservice
Solution
DannyT
Options

With your oven, you actually qualify for the 5 year warranty. (An extra three years). You can register here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/fiveyearwarranty/ 

tattyead
First Poster
Options
I am stuck in the same endless loop for my tv even tried online video chat with customer support to no avail,
Geckles
First Poster
Options
same been trying now for 5days & cannot register my new tab7+. bought the Samsung buds 4wks ago & came into members app scanned the QR & done in 2mins. at this rate the warrantee will be up before I get them registered! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AS EVERYONE HAS THE SAME ISSUE. I DOUBT I WILL BE BUYING SAMSUNG AGAIN IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS! SHOCKING!!! 31/12/2020. I'M GOING ONTO TWITTER TO ASK FOR MORE UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS.😡😡😡😡
GrahamGallimore
First Poster
Options
I too have encountere registration issues. Terribly confusing websites, and pages for members and registration. Given up now.
P1974
Student
Options

Hi Danny,

thank you for your advice. That was really easy to follow and the Customer Experience I would expect from Samsung. Thank you for the link. The screen was clear that the product was registered. I have saved the warranty. 

It would be great if the products included the appropriate link with the manual.

As an aside, I saved the warranty (screenshot) as I do not trust the portal to save it. Very glad I did. When I log into the samsung portal it tells me I have Zero products registered. You've been great but the main website is still way below what I expect from a major global manufacturer.

cheers

Paul 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

It's always best to save it as you have. But, your Oven will be registered it just takes a little while to show up on our systems and the portal. 

Where are others trying to register when they are encountering issues? For the TV follow the steps in this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-register-your-samsung-tv/

0 Likes
jladbury
Journeyman
Options

Same here

0 Likes