Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Freezer Lining

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 12:27 PM)
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

I have a Fridge Freezer Model RB41J7859S4 which is beautiful but I felt from the start the plastic linings/ shelf supports looked a bit fragile.

I guess we overloaded the top basket of the freezer and the bar supporting it broke when the basket was pulled out to access items.

The plastic has completley broken away. Is this repairable?

Thanks

91 REPLIES 91
gooner12
Explorer
Options

Hi Dazines, we have suffered from the same situation. Less than 4 years old and the liners are unable to support the drawers in the freezer.

Can I ask which engineer (or which company did they outsource this to) was able to confirm this? 

Samsung are showing me very poor form and claiming its physical damage (note this decision was made by a technical agent who is not an engineer and qualified). They are refusing to send out an engineer (expect me to pay for this), yet their agents believe it is not repairable. I do not know how using your freezer to access your food as any normal person would do and fair usage could be classified as physical damage.  It does appear that there is a design fault. Like others have said this was an expensive branded fridge freezer. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Dazines
Apprentice
Options

I just rang the helpline.

I think I would have had to pay for an engineer if it had been my fault, but I was very confident it was a fault as you could push the plastic of the runners in with your thumb.

To be honest, I would have just preferred it hadn't failed in the first place as the replacement appliance (although more expensive) doesn't have the same freezer capacity as the old one.

0 Likes
gooner12
Explorer
Options

I totally agree - I did not expect the freezer to be failing within 4 years; this was an expensive fridge freezer. Did you opt for another model because of the issues you knew existed with this particular samsung model?

I agree re paying for an engineer visit if it was my fault, but I do not think this is my fault and think its a manufacturing fault or poor design. How can the shelves not support the freezer capacity advertised? 

I've had no luck speaking to their customer solutions team and am very disappointed. 

Are you based in the UK/ which helpline did you call? Do you remember the agent that you spoke to or which engineer came to confirm what they suspected?  I am wondering whether I need an engineer to confirm the issue as you were able to do so because Samsung are washing their hands with this one. 

0 Likes
Dazines
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the UK

I think it was 0333 000 0333

I explained the situation and they offered to send an engineer out, but I would have to pay the callout if it were deemed to be misuse / my fault

I had the engineer out within a week or two and he said it was a fault as soon as he saw it. He rang Samsung there and then and reported it as faulty and within a couple of days they had offered me a replacement (it was 2yrs into a 5yr warranty)

They no longer make the model we had before and this was bigger capacity than the other one overall but had less freezer space. We've got used to it, but I still preferred the bigger freezer from the other one!

0 Likes
gooner12
Explorer
Options

I agree this is a common fault, yet Samsung have been appalling. They have claimed that I have caused physical damage and the warranty is therefore irrelevant. All based on 1 photo and no qualified engineer visit. I assume most of us are using the freezer in the way any average person does. It's clearly poorly designed and not fit for purpose, but Samsung know this and do not want to have to replace multiple fridge freezers. 

gooner12
Explorer
Options

Hi, I was wondering how this solution worked out? Did you manage to finish it and did it last and work? Thank you 

0 Likes
Korisnik neta
Apprentice
Options

I bought a more expensive Samsung refrigerator and in two and a half years I can throw it away. This is a fraud by Samsung, I will put pictures and video on social networks and forums so that people don't buy such bad products from Samsung.

gooner12
Explorer
Options

I totally agree. Have Samsung ignored your complaints too? Do let us know where you post more on social media so happy to support you and confirm we've also been impacted. It's less than 4 years when this happened and a very expensive fridge freezer. 

0 Likes
PCBrum
Apprentice
Options

Hi, to be honest I left it as it was and it has held up perfectly. I don’t pull the basket out completely so don’t see my handiwork. 
When the appliance eventually needs to be replaced I will certainly be looking very carefully at the interior lining before purchasing.

0 Likes