Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS7667FHCSP Freezer Door Wiring Repair

(Topic created on: 14-11-2023 04:16 PM)
Colin H
First Poster
Options

Hi, the display panel on the freezer door recently went blank. The repair technician found that a number of wires routing through the door hinge have broken.

The touch panel was still working but, without any LEDs, the various modes could be accidentaly changed without any visibility. Unfortunately after the technician leaving the touch controls no longer work with for an example the ice dispenser is providing crushed ice and the mode cannot be changed.

The authorised repair is to replace the door - of which the part is no longer available.

Is it possible to access the door wiring loom to replace or repair it? 

Many thanks for any advice given

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Iainst
First Poster
Options

My fridge freezer the same make and model as yours has developed the same issues.

Did you manage the resolve the problem?

ta Iain

0 Likes
Colin H
First Poster
Options

Hi Iain,

Sadly not. I started to strip down the internals of the door, removing the ice maker assembly, but still couldn't get at the wires. They appear to have been routed through the insulation foam - i chickened out when I realised the seal would have to come off to get at the internal panel..

In my case the wires broke at the top and can be pulled out of the door channel. In the end, I extended the broken wires to a block connector which sits on top of the freezer. I then temporarily connected them to the associated pins on the panel behind the dispenser using two hook clips. That allowed me to check the fridge & freeze temperature settings and switch back to cubed ice mode. 

Hope this is of some help. Colin 

0 Likes