Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZFlip 5G broken just nice after warranty

(Topic created on: 02-07-2022 08:52 AM)
zflipuser
Apprentice
Options

Had this phone for a year , was a good phone. However after  1 year and  10 days this phone just turns off itself when its closed when it is not charging.

I headed down to the service center with an appointment , waited almost an hour , just for a 3 mins consultation. Conversation was in the lines of : This is a screen issue , cost to repair is expensive  , no point repairing ,that is all ...

It is just saddens me that how the representative shows 0 empathy considering that this phone still works , just that it powers off when closed. I really do not know why a screen replacement is in place considering that it could be some contact point within the circuitry system came loose.

It just sickens me that after  10 days the warranty has expired the phones just fails by itself and not only that the repair costs cost as much as a new phone. I do hope that anyone who is intending to get a  ZFlip or ZFold do not have to go through the same experience as me. Now I am wondering if I should still use Samsung products in the future.

9 REPLIES 9
Tezz
Voyager
Options
If your in the UK. You can take action.
Deeeee
Apprentice
Options
Very disturbing to hear this. Have upgraded to Z Flip3 and on 2nd handset as the battery seems to be draining very quickly.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is a very upsetting situation for you to experience, and the service you received was obviously below expected.
I take it that it was a Samsung approved service centre?
From what you describe, it doesn't sound like a screen issue to me.
Sounds like a software problem
But I'm not a phone technician.

What things have you tried to remedy the issue.
Sometimes clearing the Partition Cache on the phone.

You can go into the support section on the Members App and use this number to contact the Customer Support team.
Hopefully you will get the support you will be happy with and get the phone working great again
0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options
It seams Samsung is using cheap parts and getting more money to repair the phone. If my fold 3 dues. I'll calim in my house insurance. Then never buy Samsung
0 Likes
zflipuser
Apprentice
Options

Sadly no , I am not in the UK 😞

0 Likes
zflipuser
Apprentice
Options

To me it seems more like a circuit contact issue to me . When it closes the phone just loses power and turns off , if its opened up without closing the phone still runs like a champ. 

It is just sad that we are creating so much e-waste if repair centers just wont repair them at a reasonable price .

0 Likes
zflipuser
Apprentice
Options

I mean if its cheap part , it should be cheap to repair as well . The repair cost is almost a new phone which I do not understand. 

0 Likes
MryanSantaFe
Student
Options

This just happened to me too.  Less than 1 month after the warrentee expired, there is a black color spreading along the screen.  I went to 3 T-Mobile shops and 2 Best Buys, everyone said that this is a common thing that they are seeing with the Flip 3.  Samsung wants to charge me almost $500 to repair it.  It is a know issue with the sales reps I talked to, yet the Samsung service center wants to charge so much.  It sucks.   😞

0 Likes
Wolly 36
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. Right after the warranty finished. And right after I did the update 5.1.1

0 Likes