Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Sudden breakage from the centre of the inner screen !!!Again!!!

(Topic created on: 13-09-2023 11:00 AM)
Members_8mib6AN
Apprentice
Options

WhatsApp Görsel 2023-09-13 saat 11.26.02.jpgI wanted to give samsung another chance after the inner screen cracked in the middle on my Fold 3 because I like to support innovative products as a consumer. However, unfortunately, I realised yesterday that this was a huge mistake. Yesterday, almost 8 months after I bought it, out of nowhere, my screen on the Fold 4 cracked in the middle.
Without any drop and external impact, I am reliving what I experienced in my fold 3 as déjà vu.
Since I use this phone for work and do not have another phone, I cannot send it to a service operation that will take about 10-15 days at best. The sad part is that Samsung support also stated that they cannot help me with this issue and that the only solution is to send it to service. Unfortunately,  now I have to buy a new phone (definitely not Fold 5). It is very clear that a company that leaves its customers alone like this will soon lose its market share.

20 REPLIES 20
Byebyezfold4
Apprentice
Options

Same happened to me i have thrashed Samsung never buying another Samsung phone...i am going with oppo

Members_QsYZLBe
First Poster
Options

Same. Absolutely rubbish customer service

MrPnr
Apprentice
Options
I would strongly advise everyone boycott the Z Fold range. I am lucky enough to have taken out Samsung care plus and good thing I did. I am on my Fourth Z Fold 3 in less than 2 years. I have just had to do my last claim through warranty as the centre screen cracked suddenly. This also happened on the other three claims. Absolutely rubbish phone. To think this Phone is being sold brand new for over 1700 hundred pounds, disgraceful.
MrPnr
Apprentice
Options
And while I can see your screen Protector is just bubbling, mine has an actual black line going through the middle.
It cannot be used in that area, You just open it 1 day and it makes a horrible cracking sound and that part of the screen is gone. Everyone beware this will happen to you at some point.
0 Likes
MelAnn
Student
Options

The screen protector on the inside screen in put on by the manufacturer.  If someone were to apply their DIY screen protector to the inside screen it would void the warranty. 

0 Likes
MelAnn
Student
Options

The same has happened to me. There has got to be somewhere to report this. It's out and out stealing. Virizon is no help either. 

Fbzfold
First Poster
Options

Sadly Samsung zfolds are awesome concept but the full screen broke for me for no reason and then besides the time to fix it's like 500 dollars.  Samsung just sucks to deliver a sadly unreliable product.

0 Likes
Gdkgovind
First Poster
Options

The same issue happened to my wife as well. I got her the fold 4 as a present and it worked well for 9 months. Screen protector started bubbling and then it cracked a few hours after the bubbling was observed. Horrible phone horrible service. They said it will not be covered under warranty, worst of all samsung engineers who are looking at pictures . I wish the world could know how bad this. Extremely disgusted. 

0 Likes
ARMcMeen
First Poster
Options

Terrible product. The large screen if my Fold4 cracked right along the hinge 14 months (out of warranty) of regular use with no drops. $500 to repair! This is a common occurrence if the online complaints are anything to go by. 

0 Likes
Fbzfold
First Poster
Options

Yes.  The fact that Samsung does not step up and own this problem and fix this is disgusting.  I mean this isn't some $200 dollar product and it should not have this standard problem.  

0 Likes