Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Sudden breakage from the centre of the inner screen !!!Again!!!

(Topic created on: 13-09-2023 11:00 AM)
Members_8mib6AN
Apprentice
Options

WhatsApp Görsel 2023-09-13 saat 11.26.02.jpgI wanted to give samsung another chance after the inner screen cracked in the middle on my Fold 3 because I like to support innovative products as a consumer. However, unfortunately, I realised yesterday that this was a huge mistake. Yesterday, almost 8 months after I bought it, out of nowhere, my screen on the Fold 4 cracked in the middle.
Without any drop and external impact, I am reliving what I experienced in my fold 3 as déjà vu.
Since I use this phone for work and do not have another phone, I cannot send it to a service operation that will take about 10-15 days at best. The sad part is that Samsung support also stated that they cannot help me with this issue and that the only solution is to send it to service. Unfortunately,  now I have to buy a new phone (definitely not Fold 5). It is very clear that a company that leaves its customers alone like this will soon lose its market share.

20 REPLIES 20
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sorry to hear, but just to check as it looks more like the screen protector not a cracked screen. A pain but it can DIY be replaced, Whitestone is a great alternative.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Brainic
Pioneer
Options
Is there actual crack or just the screen Protector bubbling. I can't tell from the picture
0 Likes
ZEbrahim
Apprentice
Options

That "screen protector" is added by Samsung during manufacture so its part of their device. Any delamination happening from expected use is a manufacturing fault ! 

Members_8mib6AN
Apprentice
Options

I think Protector bubbling , but still the same awful 15-day service period, if the flagship phones are produced so poorly and no lessons have been learnt from the fold 3, I think samsung should replace the phone with a new one immediately.

Brainic
Pioneer
Options
The screen Protector is actually considered an accessory so I don't think Samsung would replace the phone for just the Protector bubbling. They do offer one time free of charge Protector replacement so if there's any authorised service centre near you then do visit and they can change it for you within an hour if they have the screen protector instock. You do need to make appointment though.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/
Members_8mib6AN
Apprentice
Options

When I had the same problem with Fold 3, almost all the parts in the phone up to the battery were changed by the service during the repair process and this took 2 weeks, only the screen protector cannot be changed due to its structure, thanks for your advice anyway

Members_8mib6AN
Apprentice
Options

When I had the same problem with Fold 3, almost all the parts in the phone up to the battery were changed by the service during the repair process and this took 2 weeks, only the screen protector cannot be changed due to its structure, thanks for your advice anyway.

0 Likes
Brainic
Pioneer
Options
I think last time you had an actual crack called UTG crack which would've required the screen to replaced. Screen Protector can easily be removed and replaced when needed. Good luck with the repair
0 Likes
mando786
Explorer
Options
Last week my Samsung Z Fold 5 cracked its inner display from the centre. I've been using it since a month now and i was dumbstruck as i absolutely baby my Z fold 5. Had to claim warranty and was sent another hand set. Point is these phones are extremely fragile.