Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 screen broken

(Topic created on: 20-06-2023 12:22 PM)
AK
Explorer
Options

Hi, my z fold 4 inner screen cracked last night, just 6 weeks after having the phone.

I heard a Crack sound while folding the phone and found out that black line along the hinge line.

Have any one experienced such a thing? 

Is it covered under basic warranty ? 

Thanks 

103 REPLIES 103
Fold 4
Apprentice
Options

I agree 100% to it, we should start going as vocal as possible collectively. I have made a consumer complaint about it here in Dubai today. Also, started tweeting about it publicly. Techbloggers are the next step for sure.

They asked my 500$ to replace the screen and we never know when it will crack again. They are selling a faulty product at such a high cost with zero customer support under warranty. 

Really pathetic support!

0 Likes
AK
Explorer
Options

anyone knows if samsung fixed any fold or flip screen under warranty anywhere ? 

0 Likes
Fold 4
Apprentice
Options

Yes, Someone wrote in reddit from Hongkong that they did but after a lot of hassle and took almost a month.

Reddit
https://www.reddit.com › comments
Z Fold 4 screen broke the next day and Samsung said it was on me : r/GalaxyFold

0 Likes
Jamieno1
Apprentice
Options

Mine cracked whilst opening on Friday absolutely furious messaged samsung and basically they said it's my fault by all accounts there saying it's everones fault and not under warranty if its damaged they know exactly what's going on it's disgusting if I dropped it and I broke it fair enough but to just open it like your supposed to and it cracks for samsung to turn round and say its my fault is an absolute joke gonna call them out on every major platform 

0 Likes
Solution
HolmPC
Explorer
Options

I guess someone needs to collect details of everyone they can find on the internet who has suffered this screen cracking issue, as there's strength in numbers and they can't ignore us all shouting at once.

AK
Explorer
Options

Our discussion  is on samsung platform. 

It need to be a big move from us, 

Obviously, samsung not welling to take action about this issue 

Surfnbeer
First Poster
Options

Mine broke in the same fashion.  I had the Z Fold 3 for a long time and it never did this.  I buy a ton of Samsung products.  They've never tried to push broken products back know me but they have with this one.  It's criminal.  

HolmPC
Explorer
Options

Regardless of the outcome of the warranty claim I'm going to shout as loud as I can about this. Everyone who has suffered the same should as well. They can't be allowed to get away with it.

0 Likes
HolmPC
Explorer
Options

I received mine back today. I've had no updates, no details of what they were doing or whether they were going to repair under warranty, then it arrived back repaired 8 days after I sent it off.

When I asked questions about this on chat, I was told "The team has replaced the following: Screen, batteries, sub screen and FPCB& (engineer terms but these are mostly the screen's inner parts. "

I contacted the repairers direct and they were very helpful and gave more info. It sounds like they have replaced pretty much everything in the phone except the shell.

Disappointed that it broke the way it did, but very happy to be lucky enough to get it repaired under warranty. I'm aware that I probably only got the repair as my phone was in immaculate condition and I didn't give them an excuse to say no.

So it's worth a try. Go through the Samsung support chat to register the repair, send it off and keep your fingers crossed.

peggywalker66
Journeyman
Options

My Z fold inner screen cracked as I was opening my phone. I sent it in to be fixed and when I opened my fixed phone up, the crack was still there and the bottom right corner was also black. The inner screen can not be used. I am so disappointed 😞

0 Likes