Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Crashes when Unfolding

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 02:39 PM)
jhk987
Explorer
Options

So recently MY ZF4 has started giving me a black screen and become unresponsive when I unfold the phone, it will also then sometimes automatically restart itself after the screen goes black. I have tried everything, including a factory reset but nothing has fixed this. I am just wondering it anybody else has had this? This phone is not even a month old, if it is a bug in the hardware or software, samsung needs to address it,

41 REPLIES 41
ktanay
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. My phone is under extended warranty. I think I should be able to claim it right?

0 Likes
RetroWarrior
First Poster
Options

Mine started doing the same thing. I called Samsung Care as I pay $11/month for their insurance. They gave me all sorts of possible options (which I had already tried). I was patient, but insistent that I wanted a replacement sent out to me and to send the phone I have back to them under my Care plan as a claim. There is ZERO deductible for doing this. They will charge a dollar on a credit card or bank card to process it and then HOLD 990 (for the 512GB ZF4 version), then release that hold and refund the dollar as soon as they receive the malfunctioning device. When you call, you just have to make sure you've covered all the troubleshooting points and then insist that this is the option you want to go with. They should send a replacement phone within one business day.

Here is a link to Samsung's Care plan benefits I found. This includes even accidental damage. https://img.servify.in/samsung/Samsung_Care%2B_Plan_Benfits_Information.pdf

0 Likes