Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Z Fold 3] Main screen is not on after update

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 05:42 AM)
Minh Vu
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I am using a Z Fold 3 and updated my phone and this errror occured.

I did a few step to troubleshoot as folloiwing:

- Coverscreen is working fine but open fold will not result in active main screen, if leave for a few minutes, it will disable touch function in cover screen but cover screen still show

- If do a reset with open fold => phone will result in cover screen and main screen show samsung logo, but when the reset finish, both screen will not show anything

- if do a reset without open fold => the cover screen will work fine as intended

- I did a factory reset, clear cache and still result in a same problem as state above.

I am thinking this is a software faulty issue since it happned after updating UIone as both screen can show samsung logo when resetted (so that cut out cable connections error).

also, front camera is acting out now...

Anybody got the same issue or have solution for this please let me know. thanks you

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A factory reset is the deepest troubleshooting step you can do @Minh Vu so if this hasn't resolved the issue the issue could also be hardware related.

I'd suggest to make arrangements to use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store for the phone to be assessed. 

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Drop a picture so we can see better
0 Likes
Andy520
Student
Options

i have an exact same problem as you mentioned which occurred yesterday. I am using fold 3 and performed a firmware upgrade recently. Thanks!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Andy520: If you have attempted the troubleshooting steps as described by @Minh Vu, and the issue has persisted, then I recommend arranging for an authorised Samsung engineer to inspect the device under warranty. 

With this in mind, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us > Choose your preferred contact method. From here, and advisor will be able to assist you further, and make the necessary arrangements for you. Alternatively, head to the Samsung Members app > Support > Other ways to get help > Request service, where you can arrange the inspection yourself.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
WKLEE
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Now inner screen doesn't work anymore

0 Likes
Members_ne8Us4u
First Poster
Options

I have just performed software update and now getting same problem

0 Likes
Simonedtaylor
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix? My cover screen stopped responding to touch after update then 2 updates later starting working again. Now after another update it dose not work again.

0 Likes
Edmundjoe26
First Poster
Options

Did you figure it out I have had the same problem(the last update.... my front screen in black though but I open it and can use that one..... 

0 Likes