Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip Display Black Line at Folding Point

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 11:15 PM)
kolemieux
Student
Options

Z Flip brand new "crease line / distortion".   Sadly this is 100% true.  I am in a trial 30 days with a Z Flip I plan to buy and 3 days later see it has established a line / distortion on the screen at the folding point.  I have not even had this phone outside, and hoped it was possibly an issue with the screen saver.

Against what I wanted to do, I did pull back then removed the screensaver to see if it was on that, under it, or caused by it.  It was "not".  This is not very noticeable in black modes at all but be there no confusion - it is there.  I rebooted - power cycled - and did everything I could to refresh the screen - but it is still there.

To me it almost looks like at the fold point some of the pixels have stopped working and as a result a thin line appears.

HELP?

I will post pictures when I get some.

34 REPLIES 34
rhyko
Apprentice
Options
Hi can you offer guidance on how/what steps you took? Samsung are currently trying to con me into not repairing my phone due to an unrelated indent on the screen in a completely different area to where its failed.
0 Likes
JayneD22
Apprentice
Options

I had exactly the same issue, they said there was a mark on the screen and therefore there was damage and would not repair the screen under the warranty.  I had many long phone calls and emails with Samsung but in the end I made a complaint to the company that Samsung sent to do the doorstep repair and they repaired the screen for free.  I now have the phone insured

0 Likes
Nat32
First Poster
Options

Hi we are having the same issues with a z flip 4 that is less than a year old and developed first a green line down the right hand side and then a thick black line across the fold and the top half of the screen was no longer responsive. Prior to this the phone started to creak when opening. Its through sky and so far the repair department is saying its not covered under the warranty and the screen was damaged.  When sending off there was no physical damage to the screen. 

Do you have any advise  on getting this sorted.  Don't want to be paying for a phone for 2 yrs that doesn't work and the cost quoted £350 is ridiculous when this seems a common problem.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
JayneD22
Apprentice
Options

Hi, this is the issue I had. The thick black line and top half of screen was not responsive.  Samsung said it would repair it for free if there was no physical damage (which there wasn't) but when they sent their repair people (doorstep repair) to my house they insisted there was damage to the corner of the screen.  It took many months of me arguing my case but the whole way through Samsung would not agree to fix it for free.  In the end I made a complaint to the repair company because there was no damage to the phone when it was handed to them and they agreed to fix the phone for free.  Since the repair, I have also had the creaking noise when the phone is folded and I was told by Samsung that it was the screensaver and they did replace this for free but they said they would not replace it again for free.  Now, only 6 months  later, my phone is creaking again.  I love my fold phone and wouldn't want to go back to an ordinary phone but all these problems does put me off.  I have, however now insured my phone so hopefully I would be covered for any future problems.

samungq24
First Poster
Options
Same issue, just had a 10 minute argument with a woman who claims it's not covered under warranty. They want £314 to repair, gave me complaints procedure but basically told me not to bother because they won't change their opinion.. told them the sale of goods act actually covers us for 6 years and they told me I'm wrong and it does not apply to them. I'll be dealing with it and I'm going no where until it's sorted.
0 Likes