Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G quite disappointing!

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 04:16 PM)
kiwiandstrawberry
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've had this phone for 3 months and was quite disappointed to see that the screen got a bended mark on it.

When I contacted Samsung they offered me an inspection to see if they can repair it but they will "charge" me which I think it's unfair as I have never dropped the phone or anything like that!

This is Samsung answer:

The warranty on your device covers defects in materials and workmanship, and upon receipt of your device, it will be fully inspected in accordance with the terms of our warranty.

In the event that a fault on your device is found not to be a manufacturing defect, then the repair may be chargeable; examples of this may include evidence of the device not being used in accordance with the instruction manual, or external damage, which may affect the structural integrity of the device.

Where such cases occur, you will be provided an estimate to repair the device to the manufacturer's specification, returning it to a warrantable condition where appropriate.

Please note that it is not possible for our engineers to complete a partial repair to a specific area of your device if, for example, the device is cosmetically damaged. Quotations will be provided for the full cost of the repair of the whole device back to original specification.

PXL_20210912_145025524.jpgPXL_20210912_145033759.jpgPXL_20210912_145043275.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kiwiandstrawberry 

The reply Samsung have given is basically standard as to what they have to advise when a person is returning an item they believe to have a manufacturing fault.

Don't be too concerned with this.

If Samsung advise the repair isn't covered under the Limited 2 Years Manufacturing Warranty then you can decline a paid for repair if you wish.

I'm not in any sense an engineer but looking at your photo's of the issue it does appear on the face of it to be a manufacturing defect.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

StephK1
Options

Hey @kiwiandstrawberry! As @BandOfBrothers  mentioned, the reply you have included is standard, as it is just the terms of repair that need to be mentioned before any repair is booked in. Nothing to worry about at this stage, and you can always decline a chargeable repair if the repair is found to not be covered by warranty.  🙂

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That looks like a fault with the glass layer on the screen. Definitely should be covered and they should replace it. Even if it's just the screen protector.
It's annoying having to send it in, but repairs are normally quite quick.
Just remember to sign out of all your accounts and factory reset the phone before sending it off
0 Likes
kiwiandstrawberry
Apprentice
Options

Hello all thank you for your replies I will see what will happen.

chahal21
First Poster
Options
This what happens in most cases. They always find some excuses .and they will never repair for free.It happens with me as well.even though I have a issue with my s21 ultra within 3 days of its launching date,on 29/01/2021.they didn't accept about manufacturing fault. I hope you get covered by warranty
kiwiandstrawberry
Apprentice
Options

Hello all,

I've just received a repair solution from samsung and they asked me to pay £99 for the screen. (see below)

I'm quite disappointed that I have to pay for a screen that was poorly executed. Anyway it will be my last time having a samsung product and also the customer service was not as good as I was expected.

i, We have finished inspecting your device, please see attached quote to repair your device. Please pay for your repair (Order *****) via your TMT First Repairs account (https://www.tmtfirst.co.uk/my-account/orders) or call 01782 576930 to pay over the phone. Please Note, calls to TMT First may be recorded for training and quality purposes.

Order: *****

Product Quantity PriceSubtotal:Total:

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Repairs (SM-F707) - Diagnostics/Repair Quote (If Not Listed)
  • Repair Required:

Out of warranty due to puncture points on the screen and small dent on the hinge.
    IMEI *****
    Samsung care plus excess fee - £99

1 £99.00
£99.00
£99.00 (includes £16.50 VAT)
Tam gurl
First Poster
Options

I think Samsung should replace your phone but, good luck. My Z flip 5g is cracked identical as yours is. I've had my phone less than a year and it's still under warranty. I sent the phone in and they said the phone had been damaged so it wasn't covered under the warranty. The cost would be $549.00 to repair. I honestly had not damaged my phone in no way. I'm very cautious and protective with my phone. I don't have money for the repair and I still owe a large amount of money on the phone which I purchased directly from Samsung. I feel Samsung done me so wrong. It's obvious the phones have a manufacturers defect. Samsung is really messed up by treating people as they have & are on these phones. I have always purchased Samsung phones but, never will I purchase anything from Samsung again. 

0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled.  Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order.  Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

inwe85
Explorer
Options

Which from by the look of a lot of post here, Samsung will blame the consumer and void the warranty for a cracking along the fold, of a foldable phone! SURPRISE SURPRISE! 

0 Likes