Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any liquid in a mobile phone screen?? (Galaxy Z Flip 3)

(Topic created on: 07-09-2023 04:24 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

About 30 months ago I bought a Galaxy Z Flip 3 (foldable phone) but earlier today I tried folding it and it made a very loud cracking sound. The screen still works but if I look very closely (with the display turned off, I can see what looks like a small horizontal line of liquid, just near to where the display 'hinges' . It's not on the surface of the scrreen - it's inside it somehow, parallel to the folding hinge.

I guess it's possible some rainwater got into the phone somehow - though it's been very dry weather here so I'd be very surprised if that'd happened. And I'm always careful to keep it well away from other liquids.

Any ideas what this could be??

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@johne53: There isn't any liquid in the display of the Galaxy Z Flip3, however the line you're seeing maybe the result of dead or damaged pixels, which can create an "inky" effect. In this instance I recommend heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact method. From here an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer, who will be able to get to the root of the issue for you. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks AndrewL - I've looked quite carefully when the screen's on but the pixels are still working AFAICT. Fortunately there's a Samsung shop quite close to where I live - so if I get a chance next week I might take the phone in there and just ask if it's something they've ever seen before.

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Boy, have I been stupid! But I'll leave the solution here in case it helps someone else...

I gave the phone to a friend who's a bit more tech savvy than me and it took him about 5 seconds to realise that I'd never removed the transparent screen protector that comes with the phone. It's a thin plastic film and it must've gotten some air stuck underneath (hence the 'cracking' sounds..)  Doh!

Anyway, it took him about 2 seconds to remove it and the phone's now back to normal :smiling-face:

0 Likes