Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 4 randomly crashes when connected to WiFi 6

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 09:47 AM)
staminem
Student
Options

I have had the Z Flip 4 for a few weeks and have noticed that the device crashes seemingly randomly when I am at home and connected to my WiFi (6). It then automatically reboots. If I turn off WiFi, the crashes do not occur. They also do not occur when I am at work, even though I also connect to WiFi 6 there.

Does anyone have similar issues and is there possibly a fix yet?

UPDATE/POSSIBLE FIX: So as recommended by commenters (thank you) I have messed around with my router settings. Unfortunately, I found no "crash phone randomly" setting that I could disable. So I split my dual band network into two separate ones, 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I reduced the bandwidth of the 5GHz one from 160Hz to 40Hz as well. Have been connecting to the 2.4GHz one exclusively and no crashes for several days. Might test the 5GHz next, but this is already a good fix for me.

3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
Maybe you need to check your router settings at home since you can use WiFi elsewhere with no problems.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Never had a problem with mine connected to WiFi 6, rock solid connection. As @keith30 says check your router settings.
BigAliG
Apprentice
Options

Hallo, I have been having the same issue with my Fold 4. I have tried four different Fold 4 devices, all repeatedly crashed when connected to my home WiFi, even after resetting the phones to factory defaults. They also often made a quiet single click noise during the restart. There was never a problem for my Fold 3 smartphone connecting to my WiFi6 router, and when I used the Fold 3 as a hotspot to connect the Fold 4 devices, the latter were much more stable and crashes were absent. Today I talked to Samsung and Deutsche Telekom (I have the Speedport Pro Plus WiFi6 Router working with WPA2/WPA3 encryption) and they recommended me to reset the router to factory settings. My Fold 4 crashed during the router reset, perhaps because it had lost all possibility to connect. However since then, it hasn't crashed once, even after five hours and streaming videos, etc. Perhaps the router reset has helped, although it's hard for me to understand why.

0 Likes