Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 4 android auto

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 05:32 PM)
Django18
Student
Options

Hello.

I have received my z flip 4 yesterday and have been trying to get my phone connected to cars android auto. Performed all the steps required however when using the cable the message on car screen says flip 4 disconnected from android auto. Changed cables as well but no luck.

Can someone please help!
6 REPLIES 6
RinKC
First Poster
Options

Sorry, no help here, but confirmation of the problem.  I am returning my Flip 4 today for this very reason and going back to my Flip 3 which works fine with Auto.  My wife had the same problem with her Galaxy s21 and never got it resolved before they just gave up and moved on to developing the s22.  Samsung blames Android, Android blames Samsung, and they both blame the auto manufacturers software.  I'm just sending it back until it's more reliable.

Mtender
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue. It connects for only a few minutes then disconnects. Need Samsung to fix this.

delsoul6
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.  Crashing occurs when I have Google Maps or Waze open.  I tried a bunch of suggestions online but nothing works.  Not good Samsung!

0 Likes
Mtender
Apprentice
Options

I think I may have fixed the issue by turning off the android auto wireless toggle and turning off the battery optimization in the app. 

0 Likes
Solution
Django18
Student
Options
UPDATE:

Hello all, thought of giving an update. I ordered a USB C cable from amazon - brand Anker which is a thunderbolt 3 wire used for data transfer. As soon as I used this wire, android auto setup in my car within seconds and after 1st the setup using wire, I am now able to connect without a wire. Android auto gets connected as soon as I turn the car on.

So happy days for me and would recommend buying a USB C Anker thunderbolt 3 wire for data transfer (£21.99 on amazon) and giving it a try - hopefully it works for you all!!
Solution
Mtender
Apprentice
Options

So I thought that the steps I previously posted worked but they didn't. I did find out that there is an update for Android Auto that came out on the 27th only a few days ago. I went to the play store and the most recent update available to me was version 7.8 and the newest one is 8.1 so I found a mirroring site and sideloaded the newest update. Seems to be working fine now.