Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

YouTube switches on DND on launch

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 08:27 AM)
Othafa
Journeyman
Options
Hi when I open a YouTube video the DND feature of the phone switches on and there's no volume. Can't turn up the volume with the volume button and have to pull down from the top to get to the DND icon and switch it off there.
I can't see anything in the settings that's causing this and it's a complete pain!
Help?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried uninstalling YouTube and then reinstalling it?
Othafa
Journeyman
Options

No, but I will now!

Thanks

0 Likes
Othafa
Journeyman
Options

OK, well, uninstalling YouTube appears to be an impossible task, however uninstalling the May update seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but I had YouTube Music installed but it had been automatically disabled as I never use it. I enabled it before uninstalling the update to YouTube so that might also have helped?

TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
It's possible but I don't think YouTube music would make a difference, but at least you have it working now.
0 Likes
Othafa
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately it's started doing the same thing again. Going to have to try uninstalling. If I can find out how.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Othafa: Can you try heading to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby routines, to see if a routine is set up to enable Do Not Disturb under certain conditions, such as when YouTube Music is opened? 

0 Likes
Othafa
Journeyman
Options

Well Well. There was a Bixby routine. I don't remember creating it but I've now disabled it. It wasn't specifically set up for YouTube, just any media but the phone is quite new and I don't think I've tried any other media app yet.

Thanks for this, it was driving me demented!

AndrewL
Options

@Othafa: No problem. I'm not sure if this may have been activated via an in-app setting, as apps can change your system settings if the right permission is enabled, but I'm glad that I was able to steer you in the right direction.