Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft/ care+ and vodafone

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 12:48 AM)
KoRyNnE
Student
Options
I recently got my fold 4 stolen . I have insurance for theft and damages with samsung care plus. I contacted them and provide all their request, received an email for IMEI blacklist evidence by my mobile provider. Call vodafone to do so but they are saying that I purchased the device at samsung.com so they can only put a bar on the sim card. Then called samsung.com which they confirm that the stolen device is block but can not provide any PDF for IMEI blacklist and then called care plus for advice as no one wants to provide evidence... is delaying my claim and no one seems to be able to help every single day ai contact all of them with no result. Any advice? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KoRyNnE 

I also help on the Vodafone Uk Community Forum as a Community Champion and I can 💯 % advise you that Vodafone Cuatomer Services can place an imei bar on the phone as long as it's been used on their network. 

It does not matter that the phone wasn't purchased directly from them.

I have seen quite a few threads on the Vodafone forum saying they've been told by a Vodafone agent that they cannot apply an imei bar because they didn't purchase the phone from them. This is wrong advice

This is wrong advice from the VodafoneCustomer  Services Agent. 

Ask to be escalated to a higher level agent. 

It's rare for Samsung to be able to apply an imei block unless the phone was purchased along side a trade in phone that then has not been sent as agreed, and the owner doesnot  cover the initial reduction for the trade in phone. 

This is why they probably do not have the option to send you anything. 

Samsung Care+ should be able to see that the phone is barred kr they should be able to liaise with Samsung Customer Services. 

However it's Vodafone Uk that should be applying the block. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KoRyNnE 

I also help on the Vodafone Uk Community Forum as a Community Champion and I can 💯 % advise you that Vodafone Cuatomer Services can place an imei bar on the phone as long as it's been used on their network. 

It does not matter that the phone wasn't purchased directly from them.

I have seen quite a few threads on the Vodafone forum saying they've been told by a Vodafone agent that they cannot apply an imei bar because they didn't purchase the phone from them. This is wrong advice

This is wrong advice from the VodafoneCustomer  Services Agent. 

Ask to be escalated to a higher level agent. 

It's rare for Samsung to be able to apply an imei block unless the phone was purchased along side a trade in phone that then has not been sent as agreed, and the owner doesnot  cover the initial reduction for the trade in phone. 

This is why they probably do not have the option to send you anything. 

Samsung Care+ should be able to see that the phone is barred kr they should be able to liaise with Samsung Customer Services. 

However it's Vodafone Uk that should be applying the block. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Follow the above advice but also if you registered the phone on find my phone you can log in and block it so the next time its on the network it will wipe everything.
KoRyNnE
Student
Options
Thank you. Is now resolved, I spoke to a senior manager and they block the IMEI