Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone.

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 09:02 AM)
Ravinder Ranga
First Poster
Options

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone. Its been  7 months since I've bought the phone. I bought the phone in india and using in australia.

There is no impact on the phone before this happened i.e didn't drop the phone or in water.

I have also tried resetting the phone but didn't work.

Please help

43 REPLIES 43
Maxtoh
First Poster
Options

My zfold 4 got the same issue when updated to 5.1. Samsung refuse to revert back to previous one on for me. Anyone has solution yet?

YoungTom
Student
Options

This also happened to me just recently! Don’t you think it’s because of the update?

0 Likes
mif118
First Poster
Options
Mine has just started doing it, just after an update!!!!!
How very suspicious 🤔 .
0 Likes
ScottishViking
First Poster
Options
Same after updating
0 Likes
Snowybby
First Poster
Options

My Z Flip 4 also just started doing this on October 5 2023.

I can use the phone no problem if I leave it open. 

0 Likes
LilaKart
First Poster
Options

This just started happening for me today.

Hoping there's a fix soon. I can't afford a screen replacement or similar prices. 🥹

0 Likes
Galaxy z flip 41
First Poster
Options

Even my flip 4 behaving same after ui 5.1.1 update. Few degrees fold causing phone power off. Initially screen was not responding for few minutes each time flip was folded.

I talked samsung remote support and conveyed.

I visited samsung service center but they have no idea. They doing just factory reset and telling its display issue. But actually they have to roll back ui 5.1.1 which they cannot do.

Or they have to provide an immediate update with fixes for the issue.

But I don't think samsung will be concerned.

I'm planning to quit samsung devices and go for apple.

Girasole-79
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Phone works fine when open, but switches off as soon as I start folding it closed. Surely, if quite a few are having the same issue after update 5.1.1, a fix needs implementing? 

Does anyone know how to escalate this?

0 Likes
Girasole-79
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue. Phone works fine when open, but switches off as soon as I start folding it closed. Surely, if quite a few are having the same issue after update 5.1.1, a fix needs implementing? 

Does anyone know how to escalate this?

0 Likes
Jadeja
Student
Options

I am having same issue 

0 Likes