Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone.

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 09:02 AM)
Ravinder Ranga
First Poster
Options

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone. Its been  7 months since I've bought the phone. I bought the phone in india and using in australia.

There is no impact on the phone before this happened i.e didn't drop the phone or in water.

I have also tried resetting the phone but didn't work.

Please help

43 REPLIES 43
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Hi there.

So very common issue. The device needs booking in for a repair.
The cables in the phone have stretched and causes the phone to short out and power off.
Replacement of screen resolves this as I have replaced many myself with this issue.

Get it booked in whilst still under warranty
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sorry to hear that @Ravinder Ranga 

You'll need to double check the terms of the Limited Samsung 2 year manufacturers warranty just to ensure your Samsung Service Centre can provide support to an imported Samsung phone.

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

danthemam
First Poster
Options
Happened yo my flip 3 after 8 months went to samsung shop was told it was something I done to phone even though I never done anything to it but they said £350 and we can repair it never buying samsung phone again when contract is ip
SRenzo
First Poster
Options

Jonathaneuk: my flip 4 wasworking fine until yesterday, when had a Android update to UI 5.1 and core 13.Then it starts to turn off immediately when you start to fold the screen - just 3 or 4 degrees of folding is sufficient to shutdown the device without any message nor warning... 

jackie65
Student
Options
Why is my flip phone turn off when I put the flip down but when I put it on charge it doesn't go for help
0 Likes
tomarsunil
Apprentice
Options

The same happened to my flip 4.
never going or recommend Samsung flip 4 
and even my phone is under warranty they are asking money to resolve issue as it has some scratches.

0 Likes
tomarsunil
Apprentice
Options

never buy this phone

The same happened to my flip 4.
never going or recommend Samsung flip 4 
and even my phone is under warranty they are asking money to resolve issue as it has some scratches.

0 Likes
emzk87
First Poster
Options
Mine is currently doing this now after an update. Did you get yours sorted?
Members_zW9z4yJ
Student
Options

same thing for me. I am in saudi arabia. Samsung saudi arabia said they noticed a very small scratch on one corner near the flip place and therefore repair outside of warranty have to pay 1870sr nearly 400 pounds. Not paying and demanded the phone back. when it came back it was worse than before giving to them. now it only works if the charger cable is plugged in and gets really hot.