Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone.

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 09:02 AM)
Ravinder Ranga
First Poster
Options

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone. Its been  7 months since I've bought the phone. I bought the phone in india and using in australia.

There is no impact on the phone before this happened i.e didn't drop the phone or in water.

I have also tried resetting the phone but didn't work.

Please help

43 REPLIES 43
ljh105
First Poster
Options

Have you noticed that the post was posted Aug 2022? I dunno why it hasn't been resolved yet to the point that we also experience it 😕 

0 Likes
Itsokaye
First Poster
Options

Is anything being done to resolve this problem? it just started happening to me after an update

0 Likes
YoungTom
Student
Options

Hey guys… here’s an update with my galaxy Z Flip 4

When it happened to me, I reached out to the customer service and they said that this is a common issue. They said that it could be fixed through replacement of LCD because the defect is inside the hinge of a flip so the LCD is in need to replace.

I asked for the repair cost and it was like super expensive (especially if your warranty is expired) which about 24,000 in Philippine Peso.

I bought mine in 2nd hand and good thing there’s a product warranty left. Good thing I wasn’t charged (so everything is for free. Specifically the labor and parts) as my warranty was validated by Samsung.

The only solution here is replacement of LCD through Samsung Customer service. And I know it sucks for some users if their warranty has expired because the cost is worth an arm and a leg.

0 Likes
MAGICARP
First Poster
Options

May I ask which service center, you went to for the repair? I started experiencing the same issue today after an update. I would also like to ask if the warranty will be voided because of scratches on the phone.

0 Likes
stork
First Poster
Options

I've had this happen to me twice already.  first time the phone was on warranty, w/in 11months.  They replaced display and battery.  

this new display now lasted me 1yr and 3months, and now have the same issue.  it started glitching when folding/unfolding the phone, then quickly progressed to the phone turning off when folded.  It's likely going to be the same screen replacement, although this time, it's out of warranty and it's 400USD to replace the screen (here in Philippines)

workaround, phone remains unfolded, sticker at the back to avoid accidentally flipping the phone, and here now I have a very nice Galaxy Z Stiff 3. 

I've been in and out of Samsung products, and everytime, I got defects on the device (factory defect or defects over time) - Jet with separated display (factory), S4 that had bloated battery (after a year), GTAB7 with dead pixels (factory), tab 6lite LCD started showing burn in (after 9months).   We just have to embrace that it's part of the brand.  

0 Likes
jennibabes
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue first the speaker was very low when folded and it worked fine once opened the phone now it just turns off completely when folded or when rested it's fairly new too is this covered under a warranty from Samsung does anyone know ?
0 Likes
paulw86
Student
Options
Had the same for last month now any tiny bit in my pocket opened it goes off and takes ages to go back on
0 Likes
Adam 734
First Poster
Options

Okay

0 Likes
trevorrg22
Journeyman
Options

My Z Flip 4 is just over a year old and this afternoon just started doing this (power off when folded). Have contacted Samsung and they went through quite a few power off/on - safe mode, maintenance mode... still powers off when folder.  I will not try factory reset but then will need to go back to samsung for repair.

0 Likes
jackie65
Student
Options
  • The same happened to  me and my phone was only 4 months old and it still the same I can't put the flip down without it switching off my phone it's a nightmare 
0 Likes