Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow "Super Fast Wireless Charging Pad"

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 08:46 AM)
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Is it normal that it took 3 hours and 50 minutes to charge my Fold 4 from 10 to 100%?

Does an uneven case (the one comes with starter pack with kick stand) reduce wireless charging speed? Or is my charging pad faulty?

What are your experiences? please share.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
karl2os
Apprentice
Options
Hi, samsungs 'superfast' wireless charger actually isnt all that fast, it is a 15W wireless charger as appose to competitor's such as huawei with 50W+ chargers, theres also the fact that unfortunately the z fold 4 can only wireless charge up to 10W which would charge the phone from dead in abt 2 and a half to three hours, this is still much lower than what your claiming so id reccomend checking the following: is the plug you are using 10W or more?, is the folds wireless charge coil alligned with the charge pad well? How thick is your case? A thick case will significantly reduce speeds. It is recommended that you use a wireless charger to charge your phone overnight due to its slower speeds and use a cable when you need a quick charge, I hope this helps : ) if you continue to have slow charge speeds after testing the above, I'd contact samsung directly and see about getting a refund or replacement
0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you for your explanation.

The wireless charging pad claims to be 15W and the plug used is come with the pad. 4 hours to fully charge a phone is anything but "super fast" and definitely not worth the £79 price tag. 

Let's see if I can get a refund from Samsung. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@j123456789: For clarity, the Galaxy Z Fold4 features Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, which delivers a 10W+ charging rate. If time is a factor, and you want to charge your device quickly, then you can achieve up to 50% charge in 30 minutes using the 25W plug adapter and USB cable. In the meantime, please head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Charging, and make sure that Fast Wireless Charging is toggled on. 

0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options
Just checked and the Fast Wireless Charging taggle is On. The wired charging is not the problem here and I see no point of buying a wireless pad just to end up using the USB charging instead.
I am also using wireless charging with my iPhone for years and never had to wait for more than two hours for it to be fully charged. Four hours seems far too long to be honest.
0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Just did another wireless charging test this morning. 

When I put the phone on the charger it was still on 14% and stated that it will take 1hour and 48 minutes to fulling charged. But now 3 hours later the phone has only reached 80%.

I am now wondering maybe it's the phone that is causing the super slow wireless charging.

0 Likes
AndroidNerd
Explorer
Options

Samsung has just given up wireless charging on Fold 4. instead of going forward we have gone backwards.

Fastest way to charge is to use cable

Tested on Wired, Wireless chargers, 15W , 25W & 10,

Unlike Note series which at least gave the option to use or not, there is no option for this

0 Likes