Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Protector Issue

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 07:13 PM)
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
My internal screen protector is starting to bubble at the across the middle of the screen and I'm unsure I can replace. I've reached out to Samsung via chat and they have said that even though I have insurance for the phone included, I would have to travel over 40 odd miles to visit a store or I could replace this myself without invalidating my warranty but there are numerous sites telling me I am unable to do this and it will make my warranty invalid. The phone is only 2 months old so don't want to cause any issues 
Anyone else having this issue yet on their zflip3 5g? 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The last time I looked the advice is that the screen protector on the Flip3 is part of the display thus shouldn't be removed.

I'm sure it's part of the information on the initial set up screen.

I'm wondering do you have the Samsung Doorstep Repair option where you live.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
That's what I understood. I've used the door stop repair option before on a previous phone but they are telling me its £300 and I can't get any joy from Samsung directly. I've used the chat function again tonight and they are telling me I need to go to sales but then no further responses. It's a little frustrating when it's a £1000 phone and only two months old that they cannot give me a straight answer.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did the Samsung Agent explain why their would be a charge of £300 ‽

Insurance and support are in place for a reason to take the stress and expense out of the equation, unless a repair isn't covered under the warranty / policy.

It's a shame that a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre isn't nearer.

However that's the reason why Samsung have introduced the Doorstep Repair Service.

I'd try to get some further clarification if this was my situation @Alexwba 

Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. No, it was when I tried to do the door stop repair online and the only option that sort of fitted the issue was around the screen. I have a year of samsung care plus included when I purchased the phone.
The problem I have is that one person on the chat told me I can change this protector myself and it won't invalidate the warranty, but on another chat they have told me to go to sales but they didn't respond. But now I have a brand new phone with 2 lines right through the middle of the fold. Also, I'm not even sure it's the protector as normally if you press down on the protector, it normally clears any bubbles or marks before returning but this doesn't
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Hopefully this picture of the screen on a white background shows you the issue IMG-20211012-WA0003_9466.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Right so the booking option appears to be picking up that you want a repair that's not under warranty cover hence the price.

May I suggest to have another look within the terms and conditions and small print of the cover you have.

I'm not an engineer and obviously do not have hands on so I'm not sure what's going on with your phone whether it's the actual display or the factory fitted screen protector.

That said for such an expensive phone I wouldn't be happy with the current condition of your Flip³

I have the Fold³ as per the information in my signature so I can't even compare my phone to yours.

Perhaps if required circumvent the chat option and find a number to call again and or contact Samsung via email @Alexwba 

Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Thank you, I will try that tomorrow in the morning. Very frustrating but hopefully they can sort something for me. Thanks for your help and advise on this chat 👍🏻
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome.  :smiling-face:

It's a beautiful phone so I trust Samsung will provide the needed support to get this resolved for you.

Would you let us know how you get on @Alexwba  ?

0 Likes
Alexwba
Pioneer
Options
Of course, will do. I'll reach out to them tomorrow and see if I can get a door stop fix in order for it