Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protector damaged my main screen flip 3 5g

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 09:01 AM)
Port69
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone. 

The factory fitted screen protector split in the fold and before I could get to the authorised place to have it repaired it has what I think is a tiny bit of grit under it and has put a little white line on the top half of the screen. The phone is only 5 months old and has been in an expensive shock proof case since day one. I sent it off to the Samsung repair centre ( MTR as it turns out was a big mistake ) and they saying that it is physically damaged and want £310 pounds to fix it and to please call them as they wanted to speak with me, I tried calling many times and no one answered as it turns out it was a premium number and has cost me almost £20 trying to get through so please be aware of this if you are dealing with MTR.  Any ideas on what could be my next move.. Thanks in advance....

9 REPLIES 9
Dovit
Explorer
Options
Trading standards would be your next move
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Port69 

The factory fitted screen protectors do their job to protect the phone's screen quite well,  however if and when they fail the screen is then open to the elements.

The Flip and Folds internal screen is a softer screen than other regular phone's due to the make up of the display panel.

My Fold³ factory fitted screen protector delaminated so I peeled it off and as of now it has remained undamaged.

You say before I could get to the authorised place to have it repaired it has what I think is a tiny bit of grit under it and has put a little white line on the top half of the screen. 

May I ask _ How long did you leave the phone open to the elements i.e unprotected due to a split screen protector before you decided to seek support may I ask ?

Unfortunately if the screen does become damaged and a person hasn't sought support or fitted a replacement screen protector themselves then the possibility of screen damage is possible which would then I assume be treated as accidental damage by Samsung so not covered under the Samsung Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty.

Or are they saying the phone is physically damaged  in some other way, and not just the display ?

You could try escalating your point to Samsung Support in regards to the assessment and subsequent repair costing the Samsung Service Centre has advised, but I'm not confident they'll repair for free under the Terms of the Manufacturers Warranty.

Alternatively, You could check any relevant Home Contents Insurance to see if this covers the phone and or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account.

If the phone was supplied as part of a contract from a Network then as Samsung isn't the original seller of the phone i.e the Network is then the Network has a duty of care to assist so you could ask them for support under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 , although they may stand by with Samsungs assessment.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SID59
Pioneer
Options

This is my flip 3 now.. Users allover the world are facing this
please sign this petition to address this :

https://chng.it/NqHBScVtKC

0 Likes
SID59
Pioneer
Options

Can you elaborate on this? 

0 Likes
Leysha
Apprentice
Options
Hi @BandOfBrothers,

I have a Fold 3 5G and the internal screen protector is starting to look knackered. In fact it's got air bubbles down the the middle. Am I reading your post correctly - you're no longer using a screen protector for the internal screen ? I worry coz I use this screen quite a bit but also would that not void any warranty?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Leysha 

Yes that's correct.

I peeled the protector away which does not invalidate the warranty.

The caveat is that if the screen is damaged in the act of pulling away the protector then this invalidates the warranty however its a simple peel off.

The screen is indeed softer than typical phone's so if a person is worried then approach Samsung or buy one from places like Whitestone Dome.

I hope that helps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Leysha
Apprentice
Options
@BandOfBrothers,
Cheers for the clarity. That's me going to replace my protector.
0 Likes
minimad
First Poster
Options
I took the screen protector off put a new 1 on closed the phone when I opened it again there is a black line across the middle and the top half of the screen doesn't work now.Can anyone help?
0 Likes
Members_qugXZGP
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I took my fold3 to the Samsung shop yesterday to get a screen guard replaced. It was fine at first but when I closed the screen I heard a crack and now I have a black line down the middle of the screen and the right panel doesn't work.

What was the outcome with your phone?  Was the screen damaged beyond repair?  Did you have to get a replacement? 

Thanks 

C

0 Likes