Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Fold 3 - Fold Screen Black Line

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 06:40 AM)
Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
Hello to the readers,

Im seeking advise from people who have experienced my current issue.

I saw a thin hair black line on the fold screen and thought it was my hair, I closed and opened the screen and it snapped into a 5mm width black line going from top to bottom of the phone. The right side isn't responding, only the left.

I've never tampered or dropped the screen that could cause this, only used it as intended. 

Does warranty cover this as online forums and sales people aren't specific due to various reasons. I've replaced the upper most screen protector with my own but not the thin one which has bubbles now.

28 REPLIES 28
AndrewL
Options

@Kwok_1994: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the main screen of your Z Fold3. Based on the nature of the fault I recommend heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and reach out to our Support Team via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer. If the issue is deemed to be the result of a manufacturing defect, then any repairs will be covered under warranty. If the engineer deems the issue to be the result of misuse or physical/liquid damage, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

SID59
Pioneer
Options

Please support this petition against Samsung

https://chng.it/NqHBScVtKC

Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE

I managed to get a full warranty covered on the phone. They replaced the following,

Front, middle screen and battery.
USAMA143
Student
Options

9BD05AE5-4AF7-4003-8738-DBD402D7772F.jpeg

9ED7D065-4F7F-4681-837B-0DDB11A458C0.jpeg

WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE WAS MOVING TO SAMSUNG FROM APPLE ONLY FOR THIS FOLD *****. I VISITED SAMSUNG STORE FOR THIS ISSUE AND THEY ARE LIKE YOUR WARRANTY IS OVER AND ASKING TO AROUND 1800 AED FOR REPLACING THE SCREEN. WARRANTY WAS OVERED ONLY 10 DAYS BEFORE. REALLY IT HURTS THAT WERE BUYING TO MUCH EXPENSIVE PHONE BECAUSE THIS EDGE IS NEW IN THE MARKET. SAMSUNG SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE.

SID59
Pioneer
Options

Support this petition against Samsung:

0 Likes
SID59
Pioneer
Options

Support this petition against Samsung:

0 Likes
Ahmedtaher
Journeyman
Options

had the same and as everyone is commenting and seems to be everywhere btw..they claim that any minor damage anywhere that has nothing to do with the screen gets it out of warranty hence theybwont repair the expensive unrelated damage

Ahmedtaher
Journeyman
Options

had the same issue..mobile never fell and they got it out of warranty just because of minor scratch ..after a yr where the warranty is valid still..seems to be a common issue btw in zfold 3 ppl r seeing it as it probably doesnt last long enuf

suuuu
Student
Options
What they asked you? I'm having the same problem
0 Likes