Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 - Screen protector Issue

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 06:54 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

A little advice, has anyone had there internal screen protector replaced yet due to it lifting? Mine has just started on the bottom of the screen on the crease. I know from reading around online it will gradually gets worse over time. I know this can be removed fine and it will not void warranty unless you break the screen while removing but I'd just prefer not to remove tbh as the protector well gives the screen more protection. 
I've been on support chat and they have stated I can obviously send it to samsung to have a new one fitted but the bit I'm a little afraid of is them re flashing software and it wiping my data, most is backed up but on have some things I just can't back up, online chat have said they will not delete anything but all phones I've ever sent back have come back as factory settings. I've also been told on chat I can take it to a samsung store for it to be done but I rang about this and they were not sure stores were doing this, I was promised a call back from a store a hour drive away but they've never got in contact so anyone else had any experience with this please?

Picture is below, I know it's only small currently but for a 3 month old phone it's not great and I want it sorting.

Thanks all
Go to solution
104 REPLIES 104
Members_5sbikDc
First Poster
Options

IMG-20220613-WA0025.jpg

i went to Samsung and they say might be the screen protector and not covered by warranty and have to pay 35.00 then technical support will call me if needed for more parts only had to fold 3 for 7 month, totally disappointed 

DocJeff
Explorer
Options

My Z-Fold was purchased 5 months ago from Samsung directly since they sent me a "Loyal Customer" offer. I was allowed to trade in my Galaxy Note 20 for credit towards this Z-Fold. I sent in my Note 20 when I received this Z-Fold. Loved the Z-Fold until the dreaded black line started out of nowhere. I never dropped it and it was fully encased with the Samsung cover with Note pen. It happened while on a plane and simply opened it. Throughout the 4 hour flight....the black line eventually turned into a 1-inch black zone and unresponsive on the right side. I started a service request within 24 hours. I sent it in and had the dreaded email and phone call stating..."we are unable to repair and it has been determined that this damage is from "non-warranty damage"....WHAT??? I am without a phone since I traded my Note 20 in and now Samsung is deflecting the design flaw as if I threw against the wall while the phone was open and some how caused damage as the crease!!?? B.S. Samsung!!! What a loser company. I can't wait for the multi-million dollar class action lawsuit. When I sent in the phone there was only a thin separation at the crease...this is what they sent back to me.When I sent in the phone there was only a thin separation at the crease...this is what they sent back to me.When I sent my phone in for repair, there was only a small black line down the crease...this is what they returned to me stating..."Non-warranty damage". BSWhen I sent my phone in for repair, there was only a small black line down the crease...this is what they returned to me stating..."Non-warranty damage". BS

EmanueleFirmani
Apprentice
Options

Here is how my Flip3 5G looks like after 10 months (bought 10.2021).
I went to a Samsung partner, who couldn't predict neither the repair time nor the costs.
I wrote to Samsung: they states that the protective film is a gift  and therefore is not covered by warranty.

I have to go to the Samsung Service Center of another town and hope they will repair it in a short and cheap manner.

Flip3 monitor 1.JPG

inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Gave up in end as it started to peel again so off its come, came off really easy and staying off now. Screen looks sweet as well 👍20220623_154837_33818_1655995718.jpg
0 Likes
Poxona
Explorer
Options
I have had exactly the same issue. Nearest service centre is 2 hours away and sending phone to them will take two weeks. I'm tempted now to do through trading standards and send the phone back because I'm not going to be in a position where I have to send my phone back for a new screen protector every few months! And some people say I should not just remove it myself
0 Likes
QRQ
First Poster
Options

Same issue here but Samsung seems to have a way of avoiding fixing the problem through their "All or Nothing" repair policy.  If you send it in for repair, they will go over the entire phone to make sure it all works.  However, if they find that your rear camera lenses, like mine, have any scratches, even from normal day-to-day wear, they will declare the phone out of warranty and will charge the customer $107.17 in the U.S. to replace the protective screen.  This "All or Nothing" policy is a cheap way of avoiding repair by noting wear on parts of the phone that have nothing to do with the primary defect and citing that wear or damage as a reason for not taking responsibility for a known issue.   I have my phone in a case and it's natural that the lenses will rub up against something and get scratched, but this should not be the reason for refusing to repair the phone's main selling feature which is that it has a folding screen.   At this point, I'm fed up with my Watch 4, my S7+ tablet, my Galaxy Buds, and certainly this fancy $2K folding phone with built-in defective screen protector that Samsung won't stand by their warranty on.  And good luck getting someone on their Customer Service phone line to provide any assistance other than repeating how wonderful their "All or Nothing" repair policy is.  Yeah, thanks Samsung. 

0 Likes
DocJeff
Explorer
Options

Update: I sent my Galaxy Z-Fold back in for a 2nd time....attached was a legal letter stating that if they do not replace my phone with a brand new one then forward my case to their legal department. I referenced these blogs on their OWN website stating hundreds of similar stories. They just received my phone and I am interested to find out the solution they chose. I will NEVER buy another Samsung device, TV, appliance...etc. ever again. They have lost a devoted customer that used to brag about their products. 

Tiger92
Journeyman
Options

@DocJeff: Do you have an update to this? My OG screen protector on my Galaxy Z Fold 3 has also now started peeling like the OP of this thread, only a small lift at the top of the screen but no doubt it will expand. I had this issue on my Galaxy Z Fold 2 and ended up having the inner screen fail on me after I normally opened it and had to put it through Insurance as Samsung would not repair it under warranty due to marks on the casing of the phone. All I did as another poster said, was open the phone like normal one day, and the screen flashed and greened and then blacked out, almost like the liquid inside the screen had popped and seeped out all under the glass.

DocJeff
Explorer
Options

Persistence is the key. I just received the phone back...I am not sure yet whether it was completely replaced or just repaired. I haven't activated it yet. I included a photo of the return. NO COST TO ME!! And they sent me a free case for the inconvenience. Everyone needs to stay vocal and persistent. Strange that the first time I sent it in....they blamed me for the damage...this time they took responsibility.20220711_000345.jpg

0 Likes
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

🚨🚨 IT'S HAPPENING TO MINE AGAIN! 🚨🚨

My $2000 phone became a $2500 phone within 4 months. Now here we are 9 mouths later and it's looking like it's going to be a $3000 phone.

Maybe we should start calling them "Scamsung."