Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Z Fold 3 / Z Flip 3 - Screen protector Issue

(Topic created on: 17-12-2021 10:52 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

A little advice, has anyone had there internal screen protector replaced yet due to it lifting? Mine has just started on the bottom of the screen on the crease. I know from reading around online it will gradually gets worse over time. I know this can be removed fine and it will not void warranty unless you break the screen while removing but I'd just prefer not to remove tbh as the protector well gives the screen more protection. 
I've been on support chat and they have stated I can obviously send it to samsung to have a new one fitted but the bit I'm a little afraid of is them re flashing software and it wiping my data, most is backed up but on have some things I just can't back up, online chat have said they will not delete anything but all phones I've ever sent back have come back as factory settings. I've also been told on chat I can take it to a samsung store for it to be done but I rang about this and they were not sure stores were doing this, I was promised a call back from a store a hour drive away but they've never got in contact so anyone else had any experience with this please?

Picture is below, I know it's only small currently but for a 3 month old phone it's not great and I want it sorting.

Thanks all
104 REPLIES 104
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful to you

I wouldn't try peeling it off
If have warranty On it
See if can get it fixed
Or replaced

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-dedicated-customer-care-service-is-available-...
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @inwardnoise 

I've had my Fold 3 since the 16th of September and the internal screen protector is doing well , touch wood !

Yes you can remove the screen protector and this won't void your warranty but do be careful as damage to the screen caused by removing the protector will.

I've seen YouTube videos of this being removed and its just like removing normal Tpu screen protectors. 

Personally I wouldn't have thought Samsung would need to factory reset the phone as this is a screen protector being replaced and not in connection to the phone itself experiencing software issues,  however obviously I can't guarantee this so backing up is essential.  

I've seen YouTube videos of people fitting the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector once they've removed the original screen protector and although it looks fiddly to fit I think that's the route I'll take if and when I have to.

If this was my situation I'd leave mine alone and only replace it when the screen protector becomes too poor a fitting to be able to use the display properly etc.

Have you looked at the Samsung Doorstep Repair Service if Samsung Experience Stores or Samsung Repair Centres are unsure if they can effect the replacement or try another repair centre that's local enough.

Would you let us know how you get on with this please.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Cheers I'll have a read 👍
0 Likes
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Let's hope yours stays without issues mate 😃👍 I've tempted to just remove but prefer a new one just fitted, I've spoke online and over phone but still can't get in touch with the Leicester store to check they can do it in store so looks like just going to have to risk it and drive there see what they say. If not I'll just send it off and hope they don't do any resets or software installs which o don't think they will for the screen protector but never know with samsung 🤷 I shall let you know how I get on though 😃😃
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Getting worse today 🙄😅IMG-20211206-WA0000_108667_1638787654.jpgIMG-20211206-WA0001_108670_1638787655.jpg
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Completely gone up the crease now 🙄 booked in at the Leicester store Thursday for replacement let's hope all.goes wellIMG-20211206-WA0004_108680_1638816898.jpg
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
**UPDATE**

So this evening my appointment with Samsung at the Leicester Highcross store rolled round so off I go a hours drive from where I live, get there pay for parking then to the store I go all ready for what they said would be a hours job!!
The store for starters was quiet as hell and the staff just looked un interested 🙄 so I stand and wait why they chat then get approached finally and tell them I'm booked in at 5 to have internal screen protector replaced under warranty. At this stage all is well they sit me down take my phone then come over and say yes it's all I'm stock our engineer will sort it that just £25.00 how are you paying cash or card? Next to save a long story I explain about warranty and samsung stating on phone and online chat will be sorted blah blah blah they just weren't having any of it 😡 😡 they were not interested slightly just said head office say its a 'perishable' part and has to be paid for!! So main thing here DON'T visit a samsung store as they basically want to charge! After wasted fuel I call samsung uk and speak to some sort of management there after being very unhappy and phone is booked in to be collected Monday and I'm told it will be done under warranty so we will soon see! To be continued.....
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@inwardnoise 

🤞🙏

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
**Final update**

So finally got back my Z Fold 3 today from Samsung after it went to them Monday and its all sorted new screen protector fitted u der warranty and weirdly they also fitted new batteries and a new hinge cover so cannot grumble!!! And on another note they sent me a £30 voucher of my choice for the inconvenience of going to the Samsung store in Leicester and the not doing the work 😃 all in all I cannot grumble now 😉 Nice one Samsung 👍