Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 Black Line in Crease

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 04:06 PM)
tomkeefe
Student
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 512GB which is less than 3 months old.  All of a sudden there is a thick black line anytime I unfold the device on the main screen.  The right side of the main screen is also completely unresponsive to touch.  The black line is as thick as the fold and does not go away.  I have factory reset the device, but it did not help.  I have been trying to get support from Samsung and have spent hours on the phone and chatting, but can get no resolution from Samsung.  This appears to be a very clear flaw in the device as I've read many other posts regarding the same exact issue.  Why is Samsung not taking responsibility for this flaw?  I was told it cannot be covered under warranty, and while I have insurance the insurance is stating that it won't pay as it should be covered under warranty.  I've been a 10+ Samsung customer and will no longer buy another product from Samsung because of the lack of support I've received.

129 REPLIES 129
babushelnuri
First Poster
Options

i have same issue , when i tried contacting samsung contacts they said that the imei is not in warranty even in my case the phone was bought about 10 monthes ago so its les then a year, others said that maybe i did something but its impossible i have screen protectors , so screen just one day cracked in the middle , it happens to many people , surely samsung sees its a defect and will fix it 

0 Likes
Members_B6PXvxq
First Poster
Options

I just got the same problem now. This summer the original screen protector started to come loose in the middle of the hinge, i thought nothing of it. Then a day ago i updated to the latest update and today BAM black bar all along across the hinge.

ofc since there are some scratches after 2 years of immense use but nothing broken nothing dropped from any hight or so.

had it for less than 2 years. contacting samsung service now. its horrible if they dont do it under the warranty? been a user of solely samsungs for 20+ years 😕

0 Likes
Menik
Explorer
Options

The screen on the Fold does not last longer than 1.5 years and often breaks down within 12 months. There is a call for class action as Samsung fails to remedy or admit the faulty device. Do more research for this issue on this forum.

0 Likes
Galaxy Z Fold1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  Line down the middle and then the right side was unreponsive.  I sent it for repair.  They identified a small little dent on the outside edge which I didn't even notice so they wouldn't cover it but would fix it for about $850 Can.  So I have been paying monthly installments on this paper weight but now that my provider contract is up, they want me to give it back to them in good working order, or pay $590.  Both Samsung and this provider will lose my business.  Never again.

0 Likes
Galaxy Z Fold1
First Poster
Options

ps.  I had it for 3 months before this happened

0 Likes
AsilaS
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. It starts with the protective cover collecting dust at the center, top, then the bubble expands across the fold crease. I thought either the cover shrank or the screen expanded at the crease. few days later I got the dark line in the center and the screen responds to the stylus but not to touch. Straightaway  I went to the service center but it was closed for inventory. 5 days later the dark line is  leaking to cover more area and I am impatiently waiting for the service center, hoping they don't charge me more than half of the fortune I spent on a phone that lasts a year, at best.

I saw one of the comments describing the diagnosis of the service center as bubble and dust under the protective film, which sounds like they know exactly what is going on. 

Samsumg  should recall fold screens and acknowledge this flaw.

0 Likes
MattyC27
First Poster
Options

I have had mine since launch and removed the screen protector on the inside. Black line appeared and won't go away.  

0 Likes
b_smoothie
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get any resolution from this? This is to the T, exactly what happened to my ZFold 3.

0 Likes
enrico mose
First Poster
Options
It's shameful how Samsung sold a defective product and, after so many cases of warranty repair requests, is highly disinterested in it. the only way is to do a class action by collecting all the customers who, after having paid around 2000 euros for the z3fold, were completely abandoned as the worst customers. This unacceptable behavior is truly shameful. are we ready to collect all the names and mandate a lawyer, a consumer association?
0 Likes
MattyC27
First Poster
Options

No, no resolution.  I still have the black line.  Samsung said to take it to a repair facility which they directed me to on their website.  I have an appointment this Friday 3/5/2024 to see if it can be fixed.

0 Likes