Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 Black Line in Crease

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 04:06 PM)
tomkeefe
Student
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 512GB which is less than 3 months old.  All of a sudden there is a thick black line anytime I unfold the device on the main screen.  The right side of the main screen is also completely unresponsive to touch.  The black line is as thick as the fold and does not go away.  I have factory reset the device, but it did not help.  I have been trying to get support from Samsung and have spent hours on the phone and chatting, but can get no resolution from Samsung.  This appears to be a very clear flaw in the device as I've read many other posts regarding the same exact issue.  Why is Samsung not taking responsibility for this flaw?  I was told it cannot be covered under warranty, and while I have insurance the insurance is stating that it won't pay as it should be covered under warranty.  I've been a 10+ Samsung customer and will no longer buy another product from Samsung because of the lack of support I've received.

129 REPLIES 129
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Clearly a warranty repair by the sound of it.
Did you go through the place you purchased it from?
On this Members App
Go into get help option at the bottom of the main page
Scroll down to contact customer support.
Best number to get through to
Make sure you have your IMEI number and serial number to hand.
The process is it gets sent off to be evaluated and you will be advised on the repair and if there is any excess to pay.
Alternatively, if you have a experience store near to you. You can pop in there. Maybe quicker that way.
Case1188
Voyager
Options
There's one reason right there why I would never buy a folding phone.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've had my Z Fold 3 since launch and no issues.
Some do for whatever reason
But these phones won't be for everyone
RobbbiGee
Journeyman
Options

Hi have you had any luck with this fault?

My fold3 has done exactly the sane but because it has a scratch on the outside hinge case Vodafone are saying it's out of warranty as I've damaged it!

Brahms2005
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue here. Samsung's contacted service and repair company "UbreakIfix" told me it couldn't be fixed because it was considered "physical damage". I've never dropped etc either. This is completely unethical and infuriating considering the price tag on this phone.

ReeNee
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 256GB which is less than 4 months old. .Buying such expensive phone is a most stupid decision i ever taken. i am regretting my choice as never dropped my phone always handled it very very carefully with 2 covers. Suddenly there is a thick black line has appeared when i unfold the device on the main screen. The right side of the main screen is also completely unresponsive to touch. The black line is still there does not go away. Main display was completely damaged automatically.  

pinny3
Student
Options

That is very strange as I had exactly the same issue but I could not fault the service I received from Samsung. I called customer services and explained the issue. The phone was collected the day after and delivered back to me within 3 days with everything replaced. I would have no complaints about the service I received. 

lingla
Student
Options

I had the same issue today and I just got my phone few days ago.  What a junk!  

Thaheir alli
First Poster
Options

Yes I have had the same problem, samsung needs to accept these a fault,

Other wise the longer they don't help, it becomes more costly, there will have to compensate at a certain point