Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Z-flip owners

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 12:10 PM)
paul-CB
Student
Options

Hello Samsung community

I am considering buying the Galaxy Z flip. My main use of a smart phone (iPhone SE) is listening to podcasts offline via the phones loudspeaker, whilst it is in my pocket. (Whilst my hands are full as I complete tasks in the garden etc)
Please can you tell me if I will be able to continue listening to a podcast, when the Z flip has been closed and put into my pocket? Or, does folding it 'closed' & pocketing the flip phone switch everything off?

If not and the Z-flip does continue playing the podcast (Same would go for music tbh),  can I 'pause' the podcast without opening the flip up (from the small 'closed' screen display)? thanks

Whilst I am here, since 'smart phones' replaced 'mobiles phones' I have only had iPhone handsets. For anyone else that recently swapped from Apple to Android, what do you think are the pro's & con's (fwiw, its the 'pocketability' of the flip that appeals most to me, that is also why I preferred the 'SE' iPhone, because (at the time I purchased mine, second hand) it still had the latest iOS and the smallest physical dimensions, compared with the latest (at that time) iPhone models

Thanks in advance for your help & answers to my questions

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Your welcome obviously it's about helping people with what they want and need. Unfortunately samsung doesn't do a small reasonably priced phone all the cheaper ones are massive, I have an s21 because I love a medium sized phone that doesn't break the bank. As I say before the z flip will do you proud but I think it's alot of money just for the tasks you do and the mini iPhone in my opinion would be a safer and cheaper answer. The z flip is more of a power users phone it has 120hz it has a massive screen once opened. Let me know what you end up doing and anymore questions just ask.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The z flip will still play when shut and you can control the music/pod cast via the outside display. It's the z flip 3 your wanting right? I have moved between samsung and apple a couple of times and I can say android is far superior. You will find it weird at first and may struggle for a few days. The pros to android is you can customize alot more things, the is more features and the screens are much better, the z flip 3 won't have the best battery life but coming for an iPhone se it will still be better battery life. So the pros are better screens more customization, no limits and hardly and bugs, the cons are standby battery is often worse than iPhone, software updates are slower to come out, thats about it. I think you will love the z flip 3, however I'm going to get shot for saying this, it may be better to consider the iPhone 13 mini, purely because it sounds like you don't use your phone much apart from what you listed above, it will be cheaper, the same os and the mini is only just a bit bigger than the se (presuming your on the first gen, if its second gen it will be smaller) hope all that helps
paul-CB
Student
Options

very many thanks @AshS21
that's a very thorough and helpful answer to my questions, although you are now making me think again about purchasing the Samsung, even though it will work as I require in closed mode!

0 Likes
Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Your welcome obviously it's about helping people with what they want and need. Unfortunately samsung doesn't do a small reasonably priced phone all the cheaper ones are massive, I have an s21 because I love a medium sized phone that doesn't break the bank. As I say before the z flip will do you proud but I think it's alot of money just for the tasks you do and the mini iPhone in my opinion would be a safer and cheaper answer. The z flip is more of a power users phone it has 120hz it has a massive screen once opened. Let me know what you end up doing and anymore questions just ask.