Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 and AOD

(Topic created on: 28-05-2024 02:34 PM)
TheLandWalker
Student
Options
Hello everyone. I recently updated to one UI 6.1 on my z fold 4. While there are some nice features, there are some, that really make no sense. The biggest in my mind is AOD brightness and visibility. It is now so dim, I can't see it in the dark room (exactly the reason why you want proper AOD) also, my edge lighting is barely visible as well so I can't see notifications coming from a little distance. Notifications are now all grey in colour and stuck so close together. 
Is anyone else having this? It really needs a fix here, those are controls you need to keep.
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hello,

I noticed that the manual adjustment option has been eliminated in version 6.1.

The device now automatically adjusts to the ambient light, becoming brighter in daylight and dimmer at night to prevent light-related disturbances.

"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can get the AOD brightness slider back by downloading the Good Lock app and installing the Lock Star module. It will also allow you to apply other customisations for the lock screen and AOD that you may find useful. It's available from the Galaxy store and is designed especially for Samsung devices.
0 Likes
TheLandWalker
Student
Options
I downloaded it yesterday, but there were only lock screen options. However, I looked at it again just now, and both lock screen and AOD settings are present. That changes things then. Thank you.
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have a play with it and see what you think. Going forward, Good Lock has many more modules that you may also find useful.
mitsy13
Journeyman
Options
My dual clock disappeared from AOD with recent UI updates. Samsung says they no more support that. That's awful
0 Likes
Jean-Michel65
First Poster
Options

Issues are worse for me, the phone crashes when I open to the internal screen, when I try to use the external speakers if I have managed to open the fold. I can use the phone with the front screen but cannot hear callers in VOI or normal calls. A disaster...

0 Likes