Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi calling option on galaxy fold.

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 11:37 PM)
Kevneill889
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. 

Have had my fold now for a few days but can't seem to get the wifi calling to work nor can I see an option for it in any menu's or settings. 

I have been onto Vodafone live chat to technical support but they have been no use,,,,,does anyone have any ideas on a possible solution?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options

It happens when the phone is restarted the handset de-registers from the IMS try this to fix it:

•Put phone in Aeroplane mode
•Restart phone while still in Aeroplane mode
(When phone is restarted it should still be in Aeroplane mode)
•Take Aeroplane mode off and wait a few moments and it should be fixed.
To see if you're registered on the IMS navigate to Settings > about phone > status > SIM card status
Hope this helps
0 Likes
Kevneill889
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately that didn't work, not sure what you mean when you mention IMS. 

0 Likes
Stanipie
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Stanipie
First Poster
Options
then onto bars and extras and enable it from there
0 Likes
Stanipie
First Poster
Options
you will then have to restart your phone after enabling it
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Kevneill889 ,

If you have Wi-Fi calling enabled through your Network Provider, head to Phone > 3 Dots > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > Toggle On. The service should be located there in most instances although the location of the feature does vary between network providers so we would best advise checking with them directly if the feature isn't located here. If the feature does not work after it has been enabled, contact your network provider who will be able to update the carrier settings for your device. 

0 Likes
Kevneill889
Apprentice
Options

I have now done and tried all of the above. I have had Vodafone turn wifi calling off and back on but still nothing. 

I'm now beginning to wonder if Vodafone even cover WiFi calling on this handset. 

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
According to their website it isn't supported.
Tomcrown1
First Poster
Options

I am returnig my fold 2 this is ridiculous that the fold 2 does not support wifi calling

0 Likes