Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Z flip is switching off while folding

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 06:56 AM)
varunkumar
Apprentice
Options

The Galaxy Z Flip is automatically switching off while folding the phone. Its been a year since I've bought the phone. I bought the phone in US and using in India.

There is no impact on the phone before this happened i.e didn't drop the phone or in water.

I have also tried resetting the phone but didn't work.

Please help

40 REPLIES 40
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @varunkumar, and somethings obviously not right. You will need to have your phone inspected by one of our engineers. Are you permanently based in India?

0 Likes
WickedShubh
First Poster
Options

Hi! I am facing the same issue since yesterday. Can you please help me with the same? It would be a great help. 

AndrewL
Options

@WickedShubh: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 second until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any temporary issues that might be a contributing factor. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Samsung Support in your region to arrange for the device to be inspected. 

Please be advised that I have removed your email address and phone number from your reply for data protection purposes, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Community. 

0 Likes
Zflipcommunity
First Poster
Options

My z flip also have the same problem and it started just after one year and I took it to samsung Dubai office and they gave me a repair bill of 2100 Aed .This is their genuine fault in hardware and this will develop to everyone later or sooner.And it has no link  involving anything from us. Because my phone set also have no history of fall or damage and this happened by itself.I also tried software update and multiple things but all in vain.

This is one of the worst set of Samsung

weibteoh
Apprentice
Options

yes, i also having similar issue, when flip the phone, auto shutdown. buy at Singapore used in Malaysia, software is not able to update as well. sad on this, i am the Samsung user since 1st Galaxy launch..

Gary15
Student
Options

I am having the same problem, just started a couple of days ago. I’ve only had my phone for a little over 12 months. Any recommendations for a different type of phone.? The issue is frustrating as I use my phone for work 

Gary15
Student
Options

I am having the same problem, just started a few days ago. Any recommendations for a different type of phone?  This is frustrating as I use my phone for work and this phone is a little over a year old.  I hesitate to replace it with the same type of phone because this is a relatively new phone and the issue occurred just as the warranty expired 

weibteoh
Apprentice
Options

Change iphone, long lasting. 

weibteoh
Apprentice
Options

Send for sc repair, it cost myr 1400. Without any warranty.  So better change new phone.  

0 Likes