Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 Signal bars don't go up and down when connected to Nissan car satnav

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 06:50 PM)
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
I had a note 20 ultra and the signal bars use to go up and down on my Nissan 2018 Bluetooth satnav ., so I knew when I had a good signal or a poor one

But since getting my fold 3, the signal bars don't move, if I have 2 bars when I set off, when I go past a phone mast and look at my car satnav it still is on 2 bars.

Just don't understand this, does the phone do into standby or something.

Would appreciate some help. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Jp46: Are you experiencing any network connectivity issues at all when connected to your car via Bluetooth? Do you have a case or cover on the Z Fold3? When you're not connected to your car, do the network signal bars fluctuate depending on your location? 

0 Likes
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
No issues with network, I do have a case on the phone to protect it, same as I did on my other phone.

Yes the signal does fluctuate in my area

My other phone worked perfectly, when I set off I had 2 bars and as I got nearer my local phone mast the bars went up

But on this phone the bars start at 2 and don't do up or down for the rest of the journey, even when I do past my local phone mast.

Is very strange with this phone.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jp46: As a troubleshooting step, can you try removing the phone from its case next time you're connected to your car? This will help to determine if the case is somehow obscuring the antenna, and affecting the signal. 

0 Likes