Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location/gps issues with z fold 3

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 03:48 AM)
Coz
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I've had the phone for a few days now I have a problem I've never had before with any phone. I have the AXS app and the burger king app that require my location and it fails to get my location data. GPS is on, improved accuracy is on, location permission for both apps checked...how do I fix this?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Coz 

Does location data work OK generally with your phone ? 

If so try clearing the cache and data of the specific app via Settings,  Apps, Choose the app, Storage, Clear Cache and Data.

Also while in that section of the apps look at the permissions of the app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Coz
Apprentice
Options

Well my Google maps app works, location is permitted within the app. 

Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

0 Likes
imneveral0ne
First Poster
Options

I'm also having GPS trouble, my app for work to clock in requires you to be within the building. Ever since I go this phone It rarely works. It worked perfect on my OnePlus 8 Pro. I've cleared cache, uninstalled, rebooted, re-downloaded. turned on and off improve accuracy with wi-fi scanning and bluetooth scanning. Nothing works. I'm getting very frustrated. 

0 Likes
Coz
Apprentice
Options
Same mate, we need someone at samsungs technical dept. to look into this
Kevin M
Student
Options

I am having the same problem on random apps and the Samsung Internet browser.

Coz
Apprentice
Options
Still no luck with this. Its certain apps only that cannot get location access, although these apps are working fine on other devices. Apps that don't work are certain weather apps, burger king app, AXS app. We need an update on this.
0 Likes
Ma33709
First Poster
Options

It's  hardware . App works fine..  my zfolds GPS looses signal then a few minutes after ..its on ..then off. Cache can't possibly be the issue. It's a cheap GPS.

0 Likes
Sam95
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I was having same issues.

I have resolved it by Disabling the Google Map then Enabling it.

It works fine afterward.

Kevin M
Student
Options

My location works fine.  For me, it really isn't an issue like that, it is a loss of function between certain apps and the phone.  With OpenTable, the app works, but the ability to add the reservation directly from the app has disappeared, though it worked and continues to work (we have returned the old phones, yet) on out Z Flip 3s which are running the same version of the app.

0 Likes