Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inside screen marks/cracks?

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 01:32 AM)
J666HUR
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've noticed right in the crease of the folding screen some small cracks months ago. At that time I'd seen about 3 or 4 of them. Now they seem to be growing or joining up.

Today I've been back to the company store (o2) because I'm still paying off the handset contract to ask them on what they thought. Two guys at the store think it's the screen protector that's starting to crack because you can just feel it with your finger nail without having to press hard.

The screen underneath is fully functional.

They was wondering if the screen protector was the problem but wasn't sure if it effects Samsung standard warranty? because I've not taken extra warranty out with o2 they didn't really wanted to try, so advice me to contact Samsung to find out?

So the question is can I take the top screen protector off my self to find out if it's that or the screen it self that's braking/failing.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Sadly it's a common issue with the phone and Samsung won't repair it under warranty. They will ask you to send it in, they will look at it, rip off the screen protector and ask you for the best part of £500 to replace the screen. When you refuse, they will send back your phone minus it's screen protector!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
J666HUR
Apprentice
Options
but it's nothing I've caused, I'm trying to see if its a design faults.
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not the screen protector, it's plastic so doesn't crack, unfortunately I believe it is the screen underneath, can you ask O2 to address the repair or replace it? I am with EE and in my contract they will repair or replace during my contract.
0 Likes
J666HUR
Apprentice
Options

Just an update.....

I got intouch with Samsung and explained the fault and I was concerned about it. I did ask about the inside screen protector & I was advised not to remove because it will effect your 2 year standard warranty. So they set me up with a "WeFix" to come out and look/fix.

He just been and said that yes it can be a common fault with the screen protector, because I've left it alone the screen replacement fell within the warranty.

He didn't think that the screen it self was damaged or it would become because of the top screen protector but Samsung don't do a screen protector replacement they keep it as one so they replace the full screen with a new battery and that it's self then come with a 2 year warranty.

Very happy with the service and the phone was back approximately 1hour later.

0 Likes