Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold4 October update

(Topic created on: 12-10-2023 12:48 PM)
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

Samsung's 13th Android 13 update has started to roll out for the Fold4 international devices, F936B. bringing with it the October Security patch.

Android 13, One UI 5.1.1

Build number = F936BXXS4DWI1

Build date = 19 September 2023

Android Security patch = 01 October 2023

Download size = 356.50 MB

Camera version = 13.1.01.78 
(no change)

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

UPDATE DWI1 2 Screenshot_20231012_123714_Settings.jpg

See, also... Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
9 REPLIES 9
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Done all the above , phone seems alot smoother and faster after this update , hopefully signal improves too
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Still nothing on EUX, i think that samsung have now blocked OTA when you change CSC as my fold 4 has had no OTA for last 3 months with a change to CSC, even smart switch doesn't work, i've had to flash the last 3 SW updates with Odin
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@jimmyk87 

What is your current, "Service provider software version"?

FOLD4 SOFTWARE VERSION.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
I bought it used, I have changed the CSC to EUX when i first bought it as it was originally a 3 network device, since then its had no OTA, hence why its now BTE, as i've tried just about every UK CSC without success Screenshot_20231012_182417_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@jimmyk87 

Yeah, your phone is now a, "Heinz", (57 varieties). You will never get an OTA with that configuration. The Active CSC code is BTE = stock, unbranded, U.K., Samsung. No October update so far for BTE or H3G (Three network), for which there is no Fold4 CSC code. 

0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
I have cycled through EUX, EUY, EVR, BTB and BTE, none give OTA unfortunately
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@jimmyk87 

There I must stop as discussions about changing your CSC code are, quite rightly, frowned upon in these forums. Perhaps ask on a forum devoted to your issue. 

0 Likes
Members_NuX9U4a
First Poster
Options

After update on the inside screen has a black stain  what can I do  ?

20231015_132445.jpg

20231015_131751.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@Members_NuX9U4a 

Off topic I am afraid.

This thread, as per the title, is dedicated to the launch of the Fold4 October update.

However, from looking at your screenshot of the issue it could be a number of things causing that spot. Here are some diagnostic procedures you can run to see if the issue persists...

Restart your device

Open dial pad and enter... *#0*# and a diagnostic screen will open. Test Red, Green and Blue screens. Does the mark still show on those screens?

If so, try wiping your cache partition and repairing apps as shown here... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy...

If after doing the above the mark is still there, try running your device in Safe Mode as per the video...

If the mark still appears you may have a dead pixel and need to contact your nearest local Samsung Service Centre for them to look at it.

0 Likes