Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 screen protector issue

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 06:23 AM)
Kimmy06
First Poster
Options

I've had the Fold 3 since release and have tried to contact Samsung be email with regards to the screen protector having bubbles down the fold on the inside screen.  Disappointed in not getting a response at all.  Is there an email address i can use that someone will actually respond!  Tried the online chat but it is automated responses!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
aaronw
Voyager
Options
0333 000 0333
0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
Try ringing them
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you have a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre local who can take a look. 

Or if available in your area use the Samsung Door Step Service.

The screen protector can be easily removed and another applied such as the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector if that's a viable option to you @Kimmy06 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jay217
Pioneer
Options
3rd party screen protectors WILL void warranty. Find your nearest Samsung Experience Store and they can apply a new one for you as a one off. great shout BoB

*great shout for referring to Samsung store. Not being mean! 😂 I'll double check guidance docs, but yeah, it's if the screen is damaged removing film or if there's any defects to screen AFTER film is removed*
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jay217 

Removing the factory fitted screen protector on a Fold 3 will not void the limited 2 year manufacturing warranty. Samsung has been asked about this.

However if a person damaged the screen while removing one this could,

However removing the screen protector is simple and straightforward. 

Some people then either choose to carry on using the phone without a screen protector or fit one such as the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector.  

Using a 3rd party screen protector like the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector will also not void the manufacturing warranty.

Take care.

0 Likes
Jay217
Pioneer
Options
I'll double check and get back to you! Edited last comment bc it definitely does not read how I meant haha.
Tc
DannyT
Options

I can confirm removing the screen protector does not void the warranty. You can also use your own screen protector. 

However, if you do damage the screen when removing the original screen protector, that would void the warranty. 

Welcome to the Community!

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

There's a reason for a screen protector otherwise they wouldn't put it there.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jay217 

How did you get on with your double checking ?

0 Likes