Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 no sound on opening

(Topic created on: 11-06-2024 06:05 PM)
ltitan
Apprentice
Options
I've read a ton of threads that all have the same issue so I'm not looking for how to fix advice, rather warrenty advice. Got the phone 23 months ago, just today first issue, no audio when using the main screen, coincidentally just after updating, however I want to know if this repair will be covered by the 24 months warrenty samsung states it gives? 

Thanks in advance! 
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@ltitan: If the issue is software or hardware related, and if it has been less than 24 months since you purchased your Galaxy Z Fold3, then and inspection and repair can be carried out under warranty. You may need to provide a copy of your proof of purchase to verify the purchase date, given that the device is 23 months old, and our system defaults to the manufacture date of the device to determine the warranty period. 

ltitan
Apprentice
Options
Fantastic thanks @AndrewL I have an appointment in the liverpool experience center Friday so hopefully they will resolve under warrenty
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @ltitan 

Unfortunately you wouldn't know if a Repair will be carried out free under the umbrella of the 24 Month Manufacturer's Warranty until they assess it. 

Fingers 🤞 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
proffy
Apprentice
Options
It's irrelevant on warranty period if fundamental issues only occur after a software update.

Everyone knows software can slow down and speed performance issues can arisenwith older handsets, bit sound disappearing altogether on the screen that is the main selling point of a handset is poor dev work and is manufacturers responsibility to fix, very quickly
0 Likes
ltitan
Apprentice
Options
Just to give you all an update, I took it into the experience store in Liverpool, just happened to be up that way, they took a brief look at it and understood it was the ribbons that had come unattached and covered it through the 24months of warranty, took 4 days and I have it back completely fixed, new screen/casing/battery and ribbons! Smoothest I've ever had a phone repaired
0 Likes