Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip phone

(Topic created on: 07-04-2023 05:20 PM)
noahP
Explorer
Options
Never ,never buy a flip 3/4 the protective screen on them doesn't last,it's come away 2 times 1st time cost me £300 to repair,now this time its doing it again in the same place ,I truly hate this phone,never getting 1 again & samsung support what a laugh, none at all given
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have the Samsung Fold³ phone @noahP to which the internal factory fitted screen protector delaminated.

I use my phone without one which has had no detrimental effect on the phone.

Alternatives are to ask Samsung to refit a new one under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty, or purchase one from companies such as Whitestone Dome as one example.

I appreciate the displays on the flip and fold phone's are softer so some owners will want a screen protector on theirs.

I'm very surprised that having Samsung fit a plastic screen protector cost £300  !

May I assume more work was carried out and not just the fitment of a screen protector ?

I've seen posts where Samsung have carried out the act of the fitment of a screen protector for free under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturers.

Samsung will also apply a guarantee to the repair work carried out by them.

Try contacting the Samsung Service Centre you used the first time for support. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
noahP
Explorer
Options
They said there were other things on the phone to,before they could grant the warranty this what I'm worried about this time around, they have said it would be done for free but need to do a full check on the phone first ,once it's gone I don't have any control of the situation,just hate this phone so much& samsung employees are just robot saying the same thing over & over again, it looks like the protective screen cover is the problem again, it was only done in September last year
0 Likes
ZFLOP3
Apprentice
Options
I had the same experience, was at Oxford Street centre just now and left fuming that Samsung think it's reasonable to force customers to spend over £300 fixing a screen unnecessarily just for the privilege of replacing a protector that isn't durable in the first place. If this is a technical necessity, then Samsung need to accept that it's their tech that forces customers into this situation and they should offer proportionally more flexible support. So, completely agree with you. No more flips or folds (not robust). And no more Samsung for me (because of their unwillingness to understand and sort out).
0 Likes
noahP
Explorer
Options
Still love samsung products but customer service needs to improve immensely
0 Likes