Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 3 fractured

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 05:28 AM)
Teags
Apprentice
Options

20220726_152539.jpg

My phone was working fine even with the fracture before I sent it off. 3 weeks later Vodafone told me I physically damaged the phone and it was going to cost me $550. I wasn't even holding the phone when it happened. Not happy, I said 'send my phone back I don't agree'

I Called samsung they organised a post return, before sending off I turned my phone on and the above image is it's current status-not usable. Angry, I went into vodafone and asked them why is it that upon my device returning from you I am now unable to use the phone? Her response 'the longer you leave the damaged screen the worse it gets' she typed all of that in my file and I left. 

Samsung gets my phone along with other documents and they claim I've physically damaged the phone and it's going to cost me $750. I said nope send it back to me asap I'm taking it higher i did not do this damage. She escalated my repair and im currently waiting for a case manager to contact me to find a resolution? 

Not only have they advertised a faulty product but they are saying no to all of our repairs that are coming at them. This model, along with the other flips and folds need to be recalled.

Samsung are your bff when they want to take your money and your worst nightmare when you actually need their help and support. I am taking this all the way to the top, they need to hold accountability for that fact that these devices should never have been released. If they had've marketed 'your phone will fracture within 6 months of purchasing' or 'after a certain amount of flips your phone will fracture' I would never have wasted my hard earned money on a product that after 6 months is now unusable. Please if you read this DO NOT waste your money on these models you will be extremely hurt and dissapointed like me. Ive cried so many tears over this phone and now im losing weeks and months of photo opportunities with my family because i have now had no choice but to use my old samsung note 10 which the camera quality is that low there is literally no point in even bothering to take photos. I have been a fan of samsung /android for 10+ years but it stops today. I will never reccommend them to anoyone that I know. Do yourself a favour and AVOID at all costs. 

9 REPLIES 9
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
I've had pretty much the same experience, this is definitely a manufacturing fault but they don't seem to want to own up to it.
Teags
Apprentice
Options

100% agree with you, this has to change. Someone needs to accept fault in the deisgn.

Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
my flip 3 has had the same problem, the screen protector came away. I have taken the protector off as I couldn't risk getting charged when there is nothing else wrong with the phone. Samsung now say I have voided my warranty even though you can take the screen protector off any other phone without a problem. There are many people that have had problems with the protector and Samsung will still not do anything about it. I love my flip 3 but with the lack of support I agree with you that my next phone will not be a Samsung and I think a lot of people will be thinking the same.
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I'm sorry to hear about your problems and bad experience with your phone. I hope you can get it sorted out without any cost to yourself. This is precisely why I will not buy a folding phone from Samsung but am sticking with the normal design, certainly until they can make a foldable one that doesn't suffer from problems such as this.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sorry hear your difficulties

I was so much in love with Z flip 3, however, I generally don't let my heart make decisions

I joined few FB pages and other forums and did 3 weeks general user research and screen related problems were the most obvious

Switched off my love for Flip 3 and proceed with S22 Ultra, by tomorrow it will be 2 months, so far so good
englishsean
Navigator
Options
Do it through insurance only cost me £80 get a new phone out off it n then sell ur broken phone to a phone place that take damaged phone WIN WIN
0 Likes
Teags
Apprentice
Options

Okay everyone, good news. Samsung case manager contacted me today and they are now replacing my screen free of charge. Do I on sell it or keep it risking the idea that it will probably happen again? Anyway it was great news and I fist pumped in the air, but I'm not stopping there....I will take this further with vodafone as to why no one offered me swap n go when I first signed up. Keep persuing if this happens to you and do not go down without a fight! Peace. 

englishsean
Navigator
Options
Get it insured leave it a few weeks the report it lost and stolen pay the £80 pound get brand new phone n sel that one double bubble !😀
0 Likes
Dio69
Explorer
Options

Can I ask, what reason did they give for changing their mind and not charging for the replacement? I have a bill for £309 and they are stating that my warranty is void due to other marks on the case.

0 Likes