Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAULTY Z FOLD 4

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 12:49 AM)
ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

I am a longtime Samsung customer. Ever since the galaxy phones have been on the market. I bought a Samsung Z Fold 4 about 3 months ago. Already the interior screen has cracked straight down the middle. I called Samsung but what a waste of time that was. I talked to 4 different people over the span of 1.25 hours. The only option they gave me was to send them my phone to look at it and they would determine the cause and then that would determine who pays for the repair. I explained to them that that wasn't an option that I needed my phone for work. They told me to find another phone too use while the process played out lol. obviously, I don't have another phone. I traded a perfectly good phone in for this piece of junk. I made an offer to them to send me the latest galaxy note in exchange for this junk fold 4 which is a downgrade, and I would not even ask for a credit for cost difference. I got nowhere. Samsung needs to be held to account for their negligence selling a phone they know is problematic. This phone should be pulled from shelves. anyone know a class action lawyer? This should be an easy win for consumers. I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB next

15 REPLIES 15
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is probably just the screen protector if the screen is still working OK. You don't mention this.
You are probably best served asking in the Samsung community US
Here in Europe, we have experience stores that you can book in a visit with. Get a much quicker service.
Maybe check that possibly where you are
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ITS_ME2022 

You may find family,  friends or work colleagues may have a phone in a drawer at home that you can use while your phone is being assessed..

As said by @Glenntech this maybe the factory fitted screen protector that has delamination.

This can be peeled away carefully and either used without one kr some 3rd party companies sell replacement screen protectors.

The same happened with my Fold³

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

It's not the screen protector. U can see the Crack down the center under the screen protector. Interior screen does not work at all and samsung says the ONLY option is to send it to them. They won't send me a new one and I send this broken one back after I transfer everything. Ridiculous 

ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

Samsung is a multi-billion dollar corporation. I shouldn't have to ask around to borrow a phone because they have a faulty product. No reason they can't send me a phone and let me transfer everything and then just return the faulty phone to them. They should just stand behind their product and offer good customer service. I hope tesla launches a phone. I'm done with samsung

Members_bebP9xn
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to my Zfold 4, after 2 months, center screen stopped working, visible crack in center screen and a bulge down a quarter of the screen from something internal, quality does not seem good for a 1800 usd phone

Benjibhoy
Student
Options

I've had a simialr problem and response from samdung. I was told that the warranty is void because the front screen has a chip and the hinge is scratched. The latter being unavoidable because the case doesnt cover it. Really angry that the flagship phone at a cost of £1700 is falling apart after six months. I will now have to claim my insurance and most probably will be the last samsung I buy.

mmenik
Journeyman
Options

I am surprised and find it odd that a law firm is unaware of this issue. I wonder what the percentage of defective screens is to the total number of phones sold? If the rate is significant and Samsung does not do a recall and restitution, then undoubtedly, one or many competent law firms would organize a class action. I would imagine that Samsung would estimate that this problem would disappear and get swept under the table. However, I wouldn't say I like that I was forced to spend additional money to get another phone after about 16 months of ownership. However, I do not see many likes on this or other similar posts, which would strongly indicate a high percentage of defaults. What do you think about my comments?

I have the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 512GB and traded it in with the defective screen for an S23 Ultra. The Samsung Agent told me that this was a common problem and that I would receive the full $660 credit, for which I saved a screenshot of the reply and a copy of the chat log.  

0 Likes
ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

It's now been 7 months since I bought the phone and not only has it cracked once but now a second time. Samsung really needs to recall these things and pull them off the market. I've talked to several people the last week all who's phones have cracked more then once. This is ridiculous and Samsung sitting idle is unacceptable 

0 Likes
LeoLady23
First Poster
Options

I agree that the response to the obvious faults in what is supposed to be a high quality device is extremely disappointing. It makes it quite clear to me that Samsung no longer cares about their customers, only the money they can squeeze out of their pockets.