Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S8 Ultra VS Samsung ZFold4 - £1900

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 06:26 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I thought a tablet vs mobile foldable was a good idea to finish the trio of comparisons.

SUMMARY - Simple since owning the ZFold3 and 4, I never use the Tab S8 Ultra, DeX suffices for a bigger screen and it is all in my pocket.

Samsung Tab S8 Ultra VS Samsung ZFold4 - £1900

It goes everything the larger Tab S8 Ultra does, but fits in your pocket, yes the keyboard case gives a true laptop like experience with DeX, but do i really want to lug around the Tab S8 Ultra everywhere.

That said even at home, i still prefer the ZFold4, unfolded the size is small in comparison but sufficient to get majority of things done.

I work remotely from two locations, where i have a Samsung USB C monitor with keyboard and mouse at each location. Meaning some days i can start work with my ZFold4 at home with Monitor/DeX, head out on the train and still use the ZFold4 on the go, arrive at my other location and carry on using the ZFold4 with Monitor/DeX. That said i prefer thereafter to use my work laptop, mainly due to certain IT restrictions with O365.

I do have a Samsung Trio keyboard to use with the ZFold4, but it never gets used, finger typing is fine, anything longer like this, then Monitor/Dex.

I find nothing lacking in either device, displays are stunning, both run native WhatsApp not the web version, i can use the call on other devices to receive call/texts on the Tab S8 Ultra, i can even use the Tab S8 Ultra keyboard to control the ZFold4.

It all boils down to size, the ZFold4 is so much easier size wise and a great compromise.

Obsydian_0-1671171963997.jpeg

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0