Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAULTY FOLD 4, BLANK SCREEN ON OPENING THE FOLD

(Topic created on: 17-09-2023 11:02 AM)
Porus
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I stay in Egypt bought  a fold 4 from Dubai, was using happily with minor snags until yesterday. Suddenly the phone goes blank after a few minutes the front small screen starts working but if f i open the fold or if i unfold it again the front screen goes blank and middle is already blank. I saw a video of trying to restart the phone by pressing the low volume button and the start button for 20 seconds. Doing that the phone starts and even when unfolded the phone works but for a short while, then with a hissing sound stops. Am getting a serious software error and to reload the software. While on going to a Samsung service shop i am promptly told to change the internal display for a cost of around 600 USD. 

I am really disappointed in Samsung, i need to buy a new phone to repair this old phone because i cant do without a phone ?? Why make faulty phones ??  Why spoil your reputation ?? 

Shame

30 REPLIES 30
SF95
First Poster
Options

This happened to me before in my 5th month of ownership, fortunately was still under warranty to they replaced the inner LCD. Happened to me again today - on the 11th month of ownership so still under warranty to replace the LCD. I baby my phone but i guess foldable phone is an art yet to be perfected. 

0 Likes
Members_eTP54Z4
Student
Options

Just started happening to me today after several OneUI and 'configuration' updates. If this isn't fixed soon and not at my expense i'll be switching from Samsung. I've been a loyal Samsung user since the S2 days but have had nothing but problems with the Z Fold 4 and Samsung's support has been abysmal for this phone.

dc828shopper
Journeyman
Options

I have the problem when I am charging my phone (it gets warm) or if I keep it in my pocket for a while (it gets warm). (Started about a month ago)

The half screen turns on, but not the normal screen. If I press the power button, the small screen turns on, but not the phone.

If I press and hold the power button, the restart/turn off icons show up on the small screen, but it won't work because it wants me to unlock the phone, which can't be done because the phone is too warm.

Once the phone cools down, it works, again.

GALAXY Z FOLD4
Journeyman
Options

I am facing the same issues. The front screen comes on but when you unfold it comes on sometimes momentarily and gets warm while doing it and switches off. I need to restart it for the front screen to come on again. Once the phone cools down, it works, again after some time. 

I have updated the phone and also did the soft and hard reset but still the issue remains same. I bought this as open box from Best Buy few days back. Wondering if you get the warranty on open box products. best buy say yes. I registered my phone in Samsung website but no warranty is displayed.

Please help.

0 Likes
GALAXY Z FOLD4
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

What is the outcome of this issue?

Is your mobile OK now?

Appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
dc828shopper
Journeyman
Options

I called Samsung and they directed me to UbreakIfix, which is their repair company. My phone is still within warranty, so I have an appointment on Sunday to bring my phone to them. I will update once I visit them.

GALAXY Z FOLD4
Journeyman
Options

Thanks & noted. How much warranty Samsung is showing. I see only product has been registered but nothing about the warranty. 

I bought this on 5th Jan 2023 from best buy open box excellent condition, there is no physical damage to the mobile or screen. At times fold screen comes on momentarily or the screen is frozen. If you manage to type something on fold screen it goes off and then you need to restart it for the front screen to switch on.

I believe the issue is with some loose connection or ribbon cable. Appreciate your feedback. 

My fold screen remains blank

0 Likes
dc828shopper
Journeyman
Options

My warranty is based on when I purchased my phone. One year. So I have until February 9, this year to get this fixed.

I found a youtube fix that involves a small magnet at the top of the phone that is causing the problem. But, since my phone is still in warranty, I'm not going to fidget with the innards of my phone.

GALAXY Z FOLD4
Journeyman
Options

Thanks & noted your message.

Where did you buy your phone from?

How did you avail Samsung warranty?

Mine is not even 15 days. Only its an open box product but not refurbished.

0 Likes
dc828shopper
Journeyman
Options

I have US Cellular and it's in my account (my rep also told me I have until 2/9/24). They referred me to Samsung support, who referred me to U Break I Fix (UbreakIfix.com)

You have a while to get support! I got  Samsung's phone from their website.