Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUX csc fold 3

(Topic created on: 31-12-2021 01:35 AM)
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I received my new fold 3 yesterday from Vodafone. First start was without sim card because I use esim only. My csc is stuck at EUX I have no volte or WiFi calling option in my phone settings.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have a feeling once you've set up the phone and received the set up texts from Vodafone your VOD software will allow those features to work @zfold33455 

Vodafone should have sent a sim card which comes separately from the phone.

It might be delayed due to the post and time of year. 

EUX is the right csc for your phone 

In regards to Calling over Wi-Fi.

Make sure it's turned On in your myvodafone. 

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"
Make sure Calling Over Wi-Fi is turned on in your myvodafone.
Calling Over Wi-Fi will only activate when there is no network connection. Test by activating Flight Mode on your phone.

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

Calling Over Wi-Fi will only kick in when there is zero connection.

Test by putting the phone on flight mode.

For voLTE look to What-is-4G-Calling-VoLTE. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I have volte and wifi calling activated on my Vodafone account already. I did sent that text message but nothing changed and options for both WiFi calling and volte are missing from my phone settings
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ask the Vodafone Live Chat agent or one via calling 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi @zfold33455 

0 Likes
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I asked them and he said the configuration update will come in 15 minutes but after few hours still nothing.
0 Likes
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I set up my phone without sim card because I don't use plastic sim anymore I switched to esim so this is probably the reason why my phone ended up with EUX csc and this is incorrect. Phone should not be on EUX csc because then it doesn't show wifi calling and volte options until it will switch to UK csc
0 Likes
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I also sent text message for wifi calling and Internet and MMS settings but they are not coming over to my phone. It should be instant. So something is very wrong and I updated the phone via odin to android 12 because I had issues with whatsapp duo app, I couldn't restore backup. Manual update to android 12 helped but now I'm worried I'm gonna stuck with EUX csc without volte and wifi calling
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sometimes updating the phone this way can cause issues @zfold33455 

Vodafone do say that phones supplied directly by them work with those features as they have Vodafone's flavour of software on them.

From what you write you've decided to change that by wanting Android 12 which isn't yet available via Vodafone.

So that could be the issue.

0 Likes
zfold33455
Pioneer
Options
I'm 100% my update to android 12 has nothing to do with that because when my phone was on android 11 for the first day I also didn't have WiFi calling and volte. The reason for that is incorrect csc not android version.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @zfold33455 

All I meant is that Vodafone haven't authorised Samsung to push out Android 12 to their Fold³ phone's yet as they'll want to test that it all works.

I'm certainly not challenging what your thoughts are on this in regards to the csc.

I wish you all the best with this. 

0 Likes