Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email certificates

(Topic created on: 19-06-2023 08:36 PM)
hardcom
First Poster
Options
I have been unable to send emails using the email app since I got my new phone. It says it needs a security certificate. How on earth do I get one? Is there a certificate shop? Do I need a screwdriver to install it. I've gone round the houses for two months now and there is no definitive set of instructions that tell you what to get and how to install it. Meanwhile back at the ranch every time I need to reply to an email I have to login to either hotmail, Gmail or Mail depending on who the email is off to reply to it. Its very tedious and not at all smart phone! It's definitely dumb phone! Please help someone, anyone, everyone!
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Mastermind
Options
If you can login to Hotmail or Gmail like you said then use them to send and receive any emails. I use virgin Media, but there is sky.com and many more who can provide that service.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure if this is your problem but maybe worth checking - some email providers require you to set up an " app password " when you use your phone email client eg the Samsung email app. This means rather than setting your email account up on Samsung email by specifying your normal email login password you need to use the " app password " If you login directly to your email account their help pages will probably have info on how to set this up if it is required
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Which companys email account are you using with Samsung's mail app thats generating the error.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't understand. Why you have to login in on your Hotmail, Gmail and stuff.

I have downloaded Hotmail app for my Hotmail accounts and Gmail for Gmail accounts.

I just had to login one time and then I get notifications whenever I get emails and then bam reply straight away.

Also as far as I am aware both Hotmail and Google mail allow cross email log ins on their apps so don't necessarily need to use Samsung or other third party apps.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also to add to my post.

If you had done a smartswitch transfer from another Samsung phone maybe it broke something in app during transfer.

It's quiet common with smartswitch transfer hence I personally never use it.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
AndrewL
Options

@hardcom: You may wish to try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Select your account > Scroll down to 'Server settings', then check the security settings for your Outgoing server. For instance, if you set this to 'None', does the problem persist? 

0 Likes