Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark line appears in Samsung Z fold

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 10:40 PM)
Tricia2009
Apprentice
Options
I just opened my new Samsung Z fold3  that is less than 3 months old and a black line is running down the centre!!! It did not fall, bump, nothing!!! No impact. I treat this phone carefully!! Delicately like a new born baby! This is obviously some kind of factory fault! I want my money back!! I saw some others post about this issue as well!! Total madness. 
24 REPLIES 24
HarryLloyd
First Poster
Options
Dont let this put you down, iphone havent even developed one of these yet, if you got a s20 youd be blown away!!
0 Likes
neil0103
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem myself just appeared today how do I fix it
cartooph
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on the Zflip4.  Huge black line in the middle, and top half of screen no longer responds to touch.  Issue was not triggered due to a drop or any sort of incident.  Just opened the phone this morning and discovered this failed state.  Original screen protector still in tact.  Phone is 4 months old.  This is complete trash.

Decemberdee
Student
Options
Omg I have literally just bought this phone! I treat it like a newborn baby! Out of nowhere today a black line has developed in the middle of the phone and a luminous line on the right hand screen, and the touch response is glitching and inconsistent! Did Samsung refund you or provide you with a new handset? What was your outcome please?
0 Likes
cartooph
Apprentice
Options

They refused to accept responsibility.  And believe me, I went borderline stalker - called daily for weeks to figure out status, complain, etc.  They would not budge.  They falsely claimed that there was physical damage to the exterior of the phone despite me attaching very detailed photos of every angle of my phone (taken w phone sitting in the box I shipped it back to them in, to establish timeline), which demonstrated zero scratches or damage. Furthermore, interacting with their support team is pretty terrible - just disorganized, lack of communication, etc etc etc.

My sense is they don't even really inspect the phone to determine the root cause, they just see the black line and automatically classify it as user error (knowing full well it's a manufacturing issue).

I ended up paying $400 for them to fix the phone (I had no insurance).  For that amount, they literally send you back what looks like a brand new phone (though the serial number is the same).  Every single panel, both touch side and back side were seemingly replaced.

During the month they had my phone I trialed a few other androids including S21, Pixel 7 pro... and in the end decided to keep the zflip lol (I know I know) - its still the coolest phone to me (I'll get the zflip5 too tbh). Managed to add device insurance during ATT annual open enrollment period a month ago for the added piece of mind.

I fully expect it to break in this manner again, but at least I have insurance now.  Honestly if it doesn't break in this same manner again, it would suggest to me even more strongly that this was a manufacturing defect that they have a known fix for (assuming you're willing to pay $400).

Long winded but hope this helps!!

Decemberdee
Student
Options
Awww no way! I hope it won't be so bad as I took their insurance out from the jump so hopefully I'm covered. It's just beyond me how it could start malfunctioning so soon! I haven't had a Samsung for years, and couldn't resist when I seen this, I hope I haven't made a mistake! Thanks for taking the time to reach out. Much appreciated ☮️💜
0 Likes
cartooph
Apprentice
Options

Cool.  Should just be $50-75 if you have insurance I believe...

0 Likes
Members_azn0pwe
Apprentice
Options

Is there anything, i can do?! I have two Fold 3 Devices with Same Problem, first one had Black line of death in April the Second one yesterday.

This is clearly Manufacturing Problem. I'm very upset

0 Likes
Members_azn0pwe
Apprentice
Options

Did you get the Same Problem with the New Display?!

0 Likes
grandma6
First Poster
Options
Mine is the same . Right down the middle. Right side does not respond Not happy with samsung . Paid a lot of money for it . No help st all
0 Likes